9

U.A Sports Festival Part IV

Your POV
   I started to walk off the stage and to the back of the building. I sighed and glanced around for second then  started to activate my quirk. Some ice surrounded around me, I glanced at the fire that was coming from my hand.

I glanced at the black specks starting to form at the bottom of it, 'What the hell?' I deactivated my quirk and laid back against the wall. I sighed and started to walk back to my seat.

I sat down and saw Bakugou and Kirishima fighting, I watched as Kirishima started to struggle against the impact of Bakugou explosions. I heard someone sit next to me I glanced over and saw Izuku, I felt my eyes widen when I saw his arm. "What the hell happened to you?" He glanced over "It happened when I fought Todoroki" I gave a questionable look "When did you fight Todoroki"

I saw him frown "You didn't watch me" he said quietly, I sighed 'He's like a bunny' "Sorry Izuku, I'll buy you the new All Might manga to make it up." His frown didn't last long, he smiled brightly "Thanks (Y/N)!!" I groaned and laid back in my chair.

"Next up Shoto Todoroki vs Tenya Iida!!!" I quickly glanced down and saw Iida and Todoroki about to fight. 'I can't look away for one second without something happening' I sighed and turned my attention to Izuku, I felt a ball of excitement when I thought entered my mind. "So Izuku, you and Uraraka huh?" I saw his face turn bright red.

"W-W-What?! N-No! I-It's n-not like that." I felt a small smirk form on my face. "Sure" "I-It is!!" I was about to say something but was interrupted by a loud noice. I glanced over and saw Iida out of bounds. I felt my smirk fall and realized that it was my turn again. I started to get up, "Good luck (Y/N)" I heard Izuku say. I slightly nodded and started to walk to my side.

I saw Iida walk out with a look of defeat, I put my hand in his shoulder. "Good job" I said and started to walk out of the arena. I heard his footsteps stop, and assume he was looking at me. 'I've never said that before'

I started to walk out onto the platform, I saw Bakugou in the other side. "I thought I had a real challenge, but I guess I was wrong." I heard his explosions going off "What did you say Jackass?!!" I sighed and heard a annoying yet familiar voice.

"Next up (Y/N) Midoryia vs Bakugou Katsuki!" Present Mic yelled "Start!!!" I glanced over at Bakugou and saw him propelling himself with his explosions. I activated my quirk and absorbed the heat coming off his explosions.

When he landed in his feet he started to run at me. I walked a little farther from the line as he was doing this. When he was close enough he tried to hit me with his right arm. I luckily caught it and kicked him in the stomach. His quirk activated at the same time, burning my hand a little.

He quickly got back up and started to charge at me. He tried to hit me a couple of times, and each time I dodged them. "Why aren't you activating your quirk!?" He said between punches, I grabbed his arm and flipped him over. "Didn't want to hurt that precious face of yours" I saw his face turn red, he quickly got up and started punching me. I was backing up every time he threw a punch, he tried to activate his quirk but I kept absorbing it.

"Come on, damnit!!" I glanced to the side and saw the line. I sighed and grabbed his arm throwing him out of bounds. "And (Y/N) Midoryia is the winner!!" Present Mic yelled, I glanced down at Bakugou and saw him looking at the ground in shock and disappointment.

I walked out of the arena, and laid against the wall. 'My next battle will be in 10 minutes, so I'll have time to get a water' I pushed myself off the wall and toward the vending machine.

~~~~~

I clicked the button on the vending machine and grabbed my water. I opened the bottle and started to drink it. I started to walk back to the arena.

"Shoto Todoroki and (Y/N) Midoryia please report to the arena at this time." I threw the rest of my water in the trash, and started to walk into the arena.

I glanced at the other side and saw Todoroki, he was holding his wrist. "On your marks, get set, GO!!" Present Mic yelled I saw ice coming my way. So I quickly activated my quirk to destroy it. He sent another line of ice, I did the same thing I did last time. I activated my quirk, and saw fire come from my hands, there was more black specks then before.

I threw a line of fire at the incoming ice, I hissed when I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I activated a fire barricade when I saw more ice shoot my way. I watched as the black specks start to grow more. I put down the barricade, I felt my body start to ache. I glanced down and saw that my fire was now mostly black.

There, I heard the same popping noice as before. I threw a large wave of fire towards Todoroki, causing him to go off balance. I used the rest of my quirks power to shove him out of bounce. "And (Y/N) Midoriya is the winner of this years Sports Festival!!"

My whole body ached with pain, I hissed when I started to move. I walked off the arena and towards the nurses office. I opened the door and saw Recovery Girl, she glanced over at me.

"Hm, oh (Y/N) what seems to be the problem?" I walked over and sat on the seat next to her, "I-I dont know, I noticed that my fire has started to turn black" I mumbled, she glanced at my hand, and handed my a cloth. I glanced up with confusing, "Did you not notice the blood on your hands?" I glanced down and saw the cloth was now red. 'I forgot about that.'

She glanced at me, "Could I see what your fire looks like?" I activated my quirk and my fire was now fully black with white in the ends. I deactivated my quirk and glanced at her.

"I've never seen that happen before, I'll try to look into it but for now don't try to use your quirk. It may be possible that it's trying to take something besides heat molecules, maybe atoms instead?" I heard the door slam open and saw Midnight "(Y/N) we are about to do the ceremony so I'm going to need you to come with me." I slightly nodded and stood up.

I walked in and saw Bakugou chained up to a wall. I sighed and walked onto my podium, when Bakugou spotted me he tried to attack me. I stood there and waited for everything to be over.

I saw All Might give Bakugou a metal, but he wouldn't take so he just put it in his mouth. He walked over towards Todoroki and gave him his metal. It was finally my turn, he glanced at me with a wide smile "Congrats Young (Y/N),
I knew you could do it."

I heard the stands start to yell 'Plus Ultra' I sighed and started to walk off the podium. I heard Aizawa tell everyone in Class 1-A to get back onto the bus. I sighed and started to walk into the bus, I sat down near the back and leaned against the window. 'Im way to tired for this' I felt eyes get really heavy, I glanced over and saw Kirishima had sat next to me.

"Dude you look tired." Kirishima said, I slightly nodded "I feel tired." I mumbled "But it was worth it, right?" Kirishima said with a bright smile "Not really" I said, and saw his smile drop "At least you didn't get injured, right?" I decided to stay quiet "Right?" He repeated, "Sure.."

I saw a wave of worry cross his face "You're not injured are you!?" I glanced out of the window, "No I'm fine."