7

U.A Sports Festival Part II

Your POV
I watched as more people begin to cross the finish line. I glanced over the fatigued people, most of them were trying to catch their breaths. While others stood there waiting to be told what to do next.

"So it's finally over. Let's check the results." I glanced over at the Pro-Hero 'Midnight' I watched as our names flashed onto the massive screen. "The top 42 from this qualifying round will move on. But for those who placed lower, don't worry we have another way to show your stuff!!" I sighed and started to look around in the stands "Now for the second event!!!" I heard Midnight yell, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I watched as the screen blinked 'Cavalry Battle' "Your individual point value, will start at five, and progressively get larger the higher you've placed. Tho our first place is worth ten million points." I saw everyone turn to Izuku 'he's so fucked'  "Now go choose your teams!!" I heard Midnight yell.

I sighed as I watched people surround me, asking to be on my team. I glanced over and saw a familiar purple haired male. I pushed through the crowd of people and start walking towards the male.

He glanced up, I watched as his shocked expression quickly changed back to his normal emotionless one. "You're teaming up with me." I blankly said, he flinched a little but mumbled a small "Whatever" I glanced over and saw Ojiro and some random guy with an emotionless expression. 'What the hell?' I looked over at the purple haired male, "(Y/N) Midoriya, call me (Y/N)" "Hitoshi Shinso" I glanced back at Ojiro "Is that part of your quirk?" He glanced at where I was looking and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah, my quirk is brainwashing." I slightly nodded, "No need to tell me yours I was already informed." I sighed a little, "You know everyone is going to go for Izuku" I said and glanced over at Shinso. "As long as we keep all our points, we can win." He slightly nodded "You can use your quirk to keep away any people that try and attack us." I felt someone looking at me, I scan the area only to make eye contact with Kirishima. He had a frown plastered on his face.

I glanced back at my team, "You ready? We are about to start." He nodded and started getting ready. I stood in the front, Ojiro on my left, and the random guy on my right.

-•-•-•-•-

"On your marks!! Get set!!! GO!!" I heard Midnight yell, I watched as everyone went straight for Izuku, 'Called it' he felt a tug on my arm "We won't attack yet, we'll wait when they try to attack us." I nodded "Whatever you say."

After watching Izuku get attacked, I saw other people start to attack each other. "(Y/N), now" I sighed but nodded, I started to activate my quirk and froze most people to the ground. We grabbed most peoples headbands.

I saw around three teams trying to attack us to claim their headbands back, I activated my quirk and absorbed the surrounding heat and made a fire around us. I glanced back and saw my team beginning to sweat. I used my quirk to absorb their body heat, 'If I remember correctly. An average human body can only go up to 106°F before the cells start to die off, So I can't keep the fire barricade for long' I deactivated my quirk and used the surrounding smoke to quickly freeze them to the ground.

"Times up!!!!!" I heard President Mic yell, I started to put Shinso down. "In first place team Todoroki!!!! In second place, team Shinso!!! Placing third Team Bakugou!!! And in forth Team Midoriya!!!" I heard President Mic yell.

I glanced over and saw Shinso with a small smile on his face, I started to walk off "(Y/N).." I glanced back at Shinso "Thanks... I guess" he said, "it's whatever" I responded and started walking away.

-•-•-•-•-

As I was walking around trying to waste some time, I saw Bakugou looking at the ground leaning on the wall. I took a sip of my drink and walk in front of him. "You gonna just stand there?" He quickly glanced up and looked away "I can do whatever I want" he mumbled, I glanced to my left and saw Izuku and Todoroki.

I reverted my attention back to Bakugou, "You know it's bad to eavesdrop" he started to glare at me "Who said I was!?" I sighed and started to walk off. "Oi!! Don't walk off from me!! You should be grateful!!" I raised a brow "Why is that?" "I had to put up with shitty hairs complaints about you not talking to him." I shrugged "You didn't have to."

I saw his eye twitch, I sighed "Fight me" I heard him say "What?" I asked and glanced back at him, "During the last event, fight me with everything you got. I'm tired of having lame fights that I can easily win. So fight me" I sighed "Ok but don't blame me if you end up with 4th-degree burns" I saw him smirk "Like you can do that"I activated my quirk "I guess there's only one way to find out.."

-•-•-•-•-

As I walked back into the arena, I saw the class 1-A girls in cheerleading outfits. I watched as they tried to cover themselves, I felt someone get behind me. I glanced back and saw Uraraka, I watched her flinched and quickly back up "Sorry (Y/N)!!" I sighed "It's fine, just go put on your gym uniform." I said and started to walk off again.

I walked towards the middle of the arena, and stood next to Shinso and waited for Midnight "We'll be having a formal tournament. Between the 16 members of the four winning teams. A series of one-on-one battles."

"The matchups will be decided by drawing lots. Once that's down we'll move on with the festivities and then the tournament itself! Now let's start with the First-Place team." I glanced over when I saw Ojiro raise his hand. "Um... Excuse me... I'd like to drop out." I heard peoples start to yell.

"The Calvary Battle... I have no memories of anything happening until the end. It was 'his' quirk that did this." I sighed and decided not to listen to the rest. That was until the other guy that I was teamed up with dropped out too.

I glanced up and saw the screen showing who we were going against. 'Mina Ashido' was next to mine. I glanced around and watched everyone trying to mentally prepare themselves.

I felt a tug on my shirt, which snapped me out of my thoughts. I glanced down and saw Kirishima, "Hey (Y/N)" "Hey Kirishima" he smiled a little "Just wanted to wish you luck." I nodded, and was about to wish him the same. But I felt a hand in my shoulder, I quickly looked over and saw Shinso.

"Can you believe those guys dropped out." I slightly nodded "Yeah.." I felt Kirishima tug my arm a little more. I watched as Shinso attention quickly go to Kirishima, "(Y/N), I need to talk to you." I heard Kirishima say. I slightly nodded "Ok-" was all that I was able to say before being forcible yanked away.

-•-•-•-•-

We finally stopped, when we were behind the building. "So, what do you need?" His face was a little red "I don't like that guy..." I raised a brow "Shinso?" I saw him tense a little "Y-Yeah. Him." "What wrong with him?" I questioned, but he replied with a shrug "I-I Just dont like it when you talk to him."

I glanced over to the side, "Whatever floats your boat" I mumbled, I watched as a frown was replaced with a smile and arms go around my torso. "Thanks!!" I didn't hug back, but just waited for him to let go.

When he let go his face was beet red, "Well we should go, we're about to start." "You go ahead, I gotta think about some things." He nodded and walked off.

I glanced back "You can get out now." I said and saw Todoroki walk out. 'What's with people and eavesdropping?' "H-Hey" he mumbled "How much did you hear?" He rubbed the back of his neck and refused to make eye contact. "All of it" he mumbled quietly. I sighed and started to walk off, But Todoroki grab my arm.

"I-I just wanted to let you know that if I'm here if you ever want to talk" I nodded "Whatever" I replied and continued to walk off.