39. Me Or Them

*~Joker~*

*~Joker~*

Instead of going home as planned, I took a little detour and headed to my club, where I haven't been in God knows how long. Of course, business was running smoothly as usual, but I haven't been making any money since I started dealing with all of this unnecessary drama and that is a big no, no.

I've been losing sight of everything that was once important to me, all because of one girl, who has turned me into a complete softy.

Who would I be if I allowed myself to love?

A pussy.

Who would I be if I allowed someone, a female nonetheless, to come into my life and turn it completely right side up.

A dumb ass pussy.

Who would I be without Alexandria Wayne?

The fucking JOKER, that's who! With or without Alex by your side, you will always and forever be...THE JOKER!

Shaking my head at the loud voices, I got up and wandered over to the bar, pouring myself a glass of whiskey and drinking it down with one gulp. I then poured myself another one, hearing Alex's voice in the back of my head.

"Another one?" I could picture her adorable disapproved facial expressions, as she arched an eyebrow and glared at me. I would match her glare, continuing to sip my drink, as my eyes would linger from her eyes down to her perfectly plumped lips. I could never stare her in her eyes for long, because when I do...it's like she can see right through me. I hated that.

"Stop watching me." I would growl at her. She wouldn't listen to me, of course. I mean...when has she ever? She's always been rebellious and that was another thing that I hated about her. At least with Harley, she would listen and do what I say, sometimes without arguing and the unnecessary back talk.

"Harley, Harley, Harley." I chuckled, shaking my head. "You little pain in the ass." Out of nowhere, I heard a playful giggle coming from behind me, as I turned around and saw Harley standing there.

" Out of nowhere, I heard a playful giggle coming from behind me, as I turned around and saw Harley standing there