13. The Penthouse

*~Alexandria~*

*~Alexandria~*

Alex's Outfit

The next day, I got a call from my Uncle Robin and he asked me to meet him because he had a surprise for me. I'm sure he also wanted to talk about what happened between me and my dad, but I was in no mood to relive that night.

Pulling up at the address I was given, I turned my bike off and removed my helmet, shaking my hair out before I climbed off.

"Hey Uncle Robin." I spoke, walking over and giving him a hug.

"Hey kid. How you doing?" He asked.

"I'm making it. How are you? I heard you and dad were involved in a high speed chase that involved The Joker." I tried my best to not smile, only because they don't know that Joker wasn't driving. I was.

"Yeah, that clown is nothing but trouble. We'll get him eventually, but I didn't call you here to talk about work or anything like that. I heard what happened between you and Bruce, and let me tell you...I'm enraged." He growled.

"You ain't the only one, but hey...it is what it is." He reached up and wiped the side of my face with his thumb, looking at me with a confused look on his face.

"Why do you have red lipstick on your face?" My heart dropped. Before I left to come and meet him, Joker was kissing all on me and making me want to stay in with him. Thankfully, he has something to do and I wouldn't be seeing him again until later on tonight at the club.

"I uh...I was out shopping earlier and I was going to by this color lipstick, but it didn't suit me like I thought it would. I must've smudge it onto my face when I wiped it off." I lied, not meeting his eyes. "So...you um...you said you had a surprise for me."

"Follow me." We walked across the street towards this building, as we walked inside and went straight for the elevators. "These elevators are private and you'll need to type in a code before you can go up. Here...make a code that only you'll know."

"1738...Aye!" I sung, typing it in. I pressed the saved button and the elevator took us up to the top floor, coming to an abrupt stop. When the doors open, we both stepped out and I looked around the most beautiful penthouse I had ever seen. "Wow! This place is nice!" I plopped down on the couch and threw my feet up on the table, looking at the huge flat screen in front of me.

"Come take a look around." My Uncle Robin called out. I got up and wandered into the kitchen, running my hands along the shiny, marble counters. I then headed upstairs and walked into the bedroom, admiring how nicely decorated it was, before I wandered into the bathroom.

"Oh, nice bathtub. Oh, nice shower!" I then walked around the corner, gasping as I entered the biggest walk in closet I had ever seen. "Oh my God! This closet is bigger than my bedroom at Wayne Manor!"

"So...you like it?" He asked me.

"Like it? I love it!"

"Good. Because it's yours." I turned towards him as he tossed a set of keys at me, and I instantly caught them.

"Wait...what?" I shrieked. "You bought me my own penthouse?"

"Actually...your dad bought it, got it furnished, and had all of your things sent here." I frowned a little as I glanced at the clothes that were hanging up in the closet, finally noticing that they were my clothes.

"Wow."

"Listen Alex...I was angry too when I found out that he basically kicked you out, but we both know that he wasn't going to let you just live on the streets." He began. "Plus, he planned on surprising you with this penthouse when you start college in the fall."

"You know what this is right?" I began, laughing a little. "This is his way of compensating after he kicked me out and chose his little girlfriend over me!"

"Be that as it may...At least he isn't letting you fend for yourself. You at least owe him a thank you." I don't owe him shit! I thought to myself.

"You're right. I'll be sure to thank him the first chance I get." I know I was coming off as ungrateful, but I really didn't mean to. I can hold a grudge like nobodies business and I'm still pissed off about everything that has happened.

"So...where have you been staying?" He asked me.

"With a friend." I answered.

"What friend? I've never known you as the type to have friends, expect for Blue and Zane."

"His name is Kane, not Zane, and he's actually out of prison. He got out like a week ago, and Blue...well... she's..." My voice trailed off. Blue was my one and only true best friend and she went missing two years ago. I lost my best friend and the love of my life all in a two week period, and it was like I shut down after that.

"I'm sorry, kid. I didn't mean to bring her up, I was just-" He started to say, but I cut him off.

"It's fine, it's fine. I'm um... I'm hungry. Are you hungry?"

"I could eat."

"Yeah, me too. I would cook us something, but I haven't went grocery shopping yet so how about we go get food." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan."