14. Would You Die For Me?

*~Alexandria~*

*~Alexandria~*

After spending the day with my Uncle Robin, I came back home to my penthouse and walked around, taking in the quietness that surrounded me. Considering the fact that I had been staying with Joker, quiet wasn't normal around there, but here...it was nothing but quiet and I took that as I good thing.

Laying across my bed, I stared up at the ceiling and smiled a little, finally feeling the tranquil serenity that I had been wanting for the longest time. I almost found my dozing off, until my ringing phone woke me right up.

"Hello?"

"Hey there beautiful." Kane's deep voice said, causing me to smile.

"Hey you. What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing much. I was just thinking about you. Wanna hang out?"

"Sure. I don't live at my dad's house anymore, so I'll text you the address of my new place. Call me when you get here and I'll buzz you up." I told him. After we hung up, I got up from the bed and went to take a quick shower and change my clothes before he got here.

*

Twenty minutes later, I was sitting on the edge of the bed, putting lotion on my legs, until I received the text from Kane letting me know he was downstairs. I quickly buzzed him up and waited outside of the elevator for him to arrive.

"This place is nice!" He said, stepping off of the elevator. "Your dad really outdone himself!"

"Yeah I know. I would offer you a drink or something, but...I haven't been to the grocery store yet." I told him.

"No worries, baby girl. I'm just happy that we get to hang out."

"Me too." We headed into the living room and took a seat on the couch, immediately talking about any and everything as if no time had passed over the last two years. I covered my mouth and laughed hard, shaking my head while Kane retold the story of how we met.

"You had this mean looking glare on your face when I sat down across from you, and I almost thought you were going to hit me." He laughed.

"I was! You literally almost gave me a concussion when you threw that ball at my head!"

"That's why I was coming over to apologize. You didn't know it then, but I was hella competitive, and you were the only hardcore competition that I had." We shared another laugh as I reached over and intertwined his fingers with mine. "I miss this, Alex. I miss you." He leaned over to kiss me, but I immediately turned my head.

"Kane...I...I haven't been completely honest with you." I sighed, looking at him. "The thing is..." What could I say? Oh, I've been messing with The Clown Prince of Crime and I think I might be in love with his crazy ass? No, that would be a horrible thing to say. Though me and Joker aren't in a relationship, we have a special bond and I wouldn't feel right kissing someone else that's not him.