24. Reunited

*~Alexandria~*

*~Alexandria~*

I was laying in my bed, curled up in a ball, staring blankly at the wall as I listened to a woman screaming in the distance. She was known to do that every night because she was afraid of the dark, but nobody seemed to care. I covered my ears and let out a low groan, knowing that I won't get any sleep tonight, but that's nothing new. After all...who could sleep peacefully in a place like this? I know I can't.

"I hope you never end up in a place like this, little one." I said, rubbing my stomach. Closing my eyes, I slowly started to doze off, until the blaring alarms made me jerk awake. I quickly sat up, hearing people yelling as my door opened, but I didn't move. I could see the security guards and orderlies running in every direction possible, while the patients started to run wild. Climbing out of the bed, I slowly walked towards the door and peered out, jumping back when I heard gunshots in the far distance. What the fuck was going on?

"Alex!" Blue shrieked, rushing into my room.

"Blue! What's going on?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, but once my door opened...I left out of my room and came straight to you." She grabbed my hand and pulled me behind her, peeking out of the door as she looked both ways. "Oh shit!"

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Joker. He's here!"

*

*~Joker~*

*~Joker~*

Everyone was running wild as I slowly walked down the hallway with my bat in my hand, looking in each room, trying to find Alex. This place brought back so many memories, good and bad, and I didn't want to be here any longer than I have been.

"Where the fuck is she?" I growled, looking around.

"Who you looking for, darling? Maybe I can help." A dark skinned woman asked, smirking at me as she leaned up against the wall. She almost looked as if she could be related to Alex in some way, and I was wondering if this was the Rose person that Alex was talking about earlier.

"I'm looking for Alex Wayne. Where is she?"

"Follow me." She led me down the hallway, stopping in front of an open door, and pointing inside. "She's in there." I walked into the room and saw a girl with light blue hair, backing away from the door, as Alex stood behind her. There was something in her eyes that I had never seen before and it made me nervous. Was she...was she afraid of me?

"Oh princess..." I whispered, taking a step towards her, but she held on to her friend and backed away from me.

"Please don't hurt us!" She begged.

"I could never hurt you, kitten. I'm here to get you out of here and take you home."

"Home?"

"Yes, my love. Home with me." I said, holding my hand out. She stared at my hand, looking back up into my eyes, as she slowly moved from behind her friend and walked towards me.

"Alex wait!" The blue haired girl said, grabbing her arm. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I almost wanted to pull my gun out and shoot this girl, but I restrained myself.

"He's probably the key to me fully getting my memory back, so yeah...I want to do this." She said, making me smile. "Besides... there's nothing keep me here. There's nothing keeping us here. Why don't you come with me? Come with us."

"Uh...would you be cool with that, Mister Joker...sir?"

"Sure why not? The more the merrier!" I chuckled, grabbing Alex's hand. As if my touch had some type of effect on her, she snatched her hand away and grabbed her head, bending over as she cried out in pain. "What's the matter, kitten?" Out of nowhere, she fell to the floor and started shaking severely, while her blue haired friend drop down to her knees and rolled her on her side.

"She's having another seizure! Give her some room!" She shouted.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, glaring down at her.

"You must've triggered her or something." The dark skinned woman said, rushing back into the room. "Turn her on her side!" I watched helplessly as they turned her over on her side, rubbing her back, as she stilled instantly.

"Is she...?" I couldn't even finish my sentence because I didn't want to speak anything into existence.

"No, she just passed out. The same thing happened to her earlier today." The blue haired girl said. I groaned and bent down, scooping her up bridal style, and carrying her out of the room. We only had minutes left before the cops showed up and we were supposed to get in, get my princess, and get out with no problems. "Hey wait! Where are you going?"

"We're going home, doll. You can come if you'd like, but this place will be crawling with GCPD's not so finest police officers in a mere matter of minutes and...I don't want to be here when they get here."

"Good point." We headed out of the room and down the hall, leaving the way we came in. I looked down at Alex, noticing that she didn't have on any makeup, and she had heavy bags under her eyes. All in all, she was still beautiful to me nonetheless and it felt good being reunited with my Queen.