30. Matchmaker

*~Alexandria~*

*~Alexandria~*

After that talk between me and Joker, he ended up disappearing and I hope it wasn't because of me asking about his past. If I would've known how painful it was for him to talk about it, then I never would've asked in the first place. That was my curious side getting the best of me, and I know that they say curiosity killed the cat, but I've always thought that saying didn't apply to me because I wasn't dead yet.

Climbing out of bed, I wandered into the bathroom to take another shower, before heading downstairs to see what Blue was up to. I've been so wrapped up with Joker, I've barely paid her any attention, but I figured that she was trying to adjust back to her life outside of Arkham.

After taking a quick shower, I put on one of Joker's button down shirts and a pair of his boxers, heading downstairs to find me something to eat.

Walking into the living room, my eyebrows raised with surprise when I saw Frost sitting on the couch, while Blue sat in his lap, as they both stared at the computer.

"See, if you close your eyes then you automatically lose focus." Frost spoke, placing his hands on her lower back.

"Well it was my first time shooting a gun, but I'll be better next time." She said, looking back at him. They stared at one another, laughing a little, before either of them realized that I was just standing there watching them. Frost blushed, looking over towards me, as he quickly eased her off of his lap.

"Alex." He grumbled.

"Hey Frost, hey Blue. Don't mind me, just heading into the kitchen for a Pop Tart." I grinned, crossing my arms.

"Oh, Hey boo. Frost and I were just going over my shooting formation." Blue said, blushing a little.

"Oh yeah? And how is she doing so far, Jonny boy?" He frowned and glared at me, making me laugh as I playfully cocked my head to the side. The only person that calls Frost "Jonny Boy" is Joker, but that's only because they were close.

"She's pretty good, for a beginner. She just gotta learn to shoot with her eyes open." He smirked at her. Is it just me or are these two seriously flirting?

"I know, I know. I'll do better next time."

"Question...Frost, when's the last time that you've been on a date?" I asked him.

"Uh...it's been awhile. Why?"

"Just asking. It's been awhile for Blue as well, so here's a crazy thought. Why don't you both go out to dinner and catch a movie afterwards?" They both glanced at each other, looking back at me with confused looks on their faces. "I really want a Pop Tart."

"Um...excuse us for a minute, Frost." Blue said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the kitchen. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you trying to play matchmaker all of a sudden? You know much I fear rejection, plus I haven't dated anybody in a really long time."

"And neither has Frost, which is why I threw the idea up in the air. You don't have to go if you don't want to, but I really think you should." I told her.

"I mean...he is really cute, but we just met and I have nothing to wear."

"All these excuses you're making can be solved with a snap of the finger. Yes, ya'll did just meet, but this date will give you both a chance to get to know each other better. And as far as having nothing to wear, we can go into town and do some shopping. I'm sure Joker won't mind me using some of his money."

"That sounds perfect and all, but did you forget that we're wanted for escaping from Arkham? We couldn't even go outside and check the mail without being recognized from the news reports." She stressed. Damn, she did have a point there. I had been so happy to be reunited with Joker, I had forgotten all about the chaos that he left behind when he helped us escape from the asylum.

"Hey Frost?" I called out, walking back into the living room. "Are my clothes and stuff still here?"

"Yeah, they're upstairs in your old room." He said.

"Problem solved. I'm sure I have something cute and date worthy in there." Blue huffed as she turned towards Frost, nervously rubbing her arms as if she were some sort of addict.

"So um...Frost, about that dinner and movie thing...I was um, well-"

"Is seven a good time?" He asked, cutting her off.

"Seven is perfect."

"Awwww, see! Now that we've got that established, can you please tell me where you hid the pop tarts? I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning and this little spitfire is hungry."

"Little spitfire?"

"Yeah, that's the nickname Joker has for the baby." I said, shaking my head. Though he's somehow convinced that we're having a girl, I believe that it might be a boy. I honestly don't care what it is though, as long as it's happy, healthy, and doesn't take after its crazy daddy.

"Baby? You're pregnant?" Frost's eyes widened, as he looked down at my stomach. Joker must've not told Frost the news about the baby, which I assumed that he already had. My mistake.

"And you think you were surprised." I joked. "But yeah, I'm pregnant with a little baby Alex and/or Joker."

"Oh...congrats. I have to go check around the perimeter and make sure the boys are still on their post, but the pop tarts are in the cabinet on the second shelf." He turned and walked out of the kitchen, leaving me and Blue alone.

"Is it just me or was his reaction...less than happy?" I questioned.

"I noticed that too, but I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it. To be honest, I think anyone would be shocked to know that Mister J can actually reproduce, and to make it all more complicated...his arch nemesis daughter is the one that's carrying his child. Talk about a plot twist!" She said. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at her. I'm not sure why, but I instantly got offended. Not just by what she said, but by the way Frost reacted as well. I don't know...maybe I'm just being hormonal, but then again...maybe they knew something that I didn't.