3. Dear Old Dad

*~Alexandria Wayne~*

It was almost one in the morning when I quietly crept into the house, hoping and praying that both my dad and Alfred were fast asleep. Taking a deep breath, I headed upstairs and tiptoed down the hallway, reaching for my doorknob handle but the sound of my dad's voice stops me.

"You're almost an hour late for your curfew." His voice was calm but stern, meaning that he was indeed angry but he was also relieved. "You know the rules, Alexandria! Why didn't you call me and inform me that you were going to be late?"

"I'm sorry dad. My phone died and I got into an accident." I lied. Normally, he could tell that I was lying because I used to be so lousy at it, but this time around he was feeding onto my every word.

"An accident? Are you alright?" His voice leaked with concern as he looked me up and down, trying to see if I was injured or not.

"Yes dad, I'm fine. I can't say the same for my bike, but whatever." I sighed.

"We can always get you another bike, Alex. As long as you're okay then that's all that matters." He placed a kiss on my forehead and held my face in his hands. "But that still isn't going to get you off for missing curfew."

"Ugh, come on dad! I'm eighteen years old! I shouldn't even have a curfew!" I whined. He didn't respond. He just stared at me, stroking the stubble of his heard, as he sighed heavily and turned away from me.

"We'll discuss this in the morning." He walked away and headed into his bedroom, while I walked into my bedroom and stripped out of my clothes. As soon as I climbed into the bed and laid down, I closed my eyes and dreamed of those enticing blue eyes, pale while skin, and silky green hair.

*

*~Joker~*

*~Joker~*

All my night was supposed to consist of is making an appearance in Crime Alley, collecting some debts, and heading back to my club for a night of drinking and partying with beautiful women of Gotham City. I didn't expect to meet a feisty young woman, who had the skin of mouth watering chocolate, eyes of a devious angel, and lips of a woman that I wouldn't mind having around my di-

"J, you've got company." Frost announced, snapping me out of my thoughts. I growled a little as I glared in his direction, grabbing my cane, and standing up. I glared down onto the dance floor, squinting my eyes, looking at bright red hair that was moving through the crowd.

"Get her up here! NOW!" I demanded. Frost nodded and exited the room, as I wandered back over towards the couch and sat down. I couldn't seem to get my mind off of that girl, not matter how much I wanted to. The way she stood up to me and was still able to walk away, only proved that she was something special. I could use someone like her on my team. I just had to find her again.

Seeing the door fly open, frost shoved the red head beauty into the lounge, stepping in and closing the door.

"Well, well, well..." I began, smiling as she glared at me.

"Well, well, well is right! Tell your little henchmen to keep their hands to themselves, or the next time I will kiss them all and watch as they die slowly from my venomous lips." She hissed, sitting across from me.

"Nice to see you too, Ivy."

"What can a girl do to get a drink in this joint?" I snapped my fingers and waited for one of my girls to make two drinks and bring them to us. Carmen was her name, I think. She was very appealing to the eye, but her lack of pace annoyed me.

"Here you go, daddy J." She spoke, biting down on her bottom lip. I waved my hand in the air, signaling for her to go away, as I handed Ivy her drink.

"Still such a lady killer, I see."

"Oh, that's right." I chuckled, taking a sip of my whisky. "So...what brings you by? No, don't tell me! Don't tell me, don't tell me...Harley sent you." I questioned. Just saying Harley's name, for the first time in almost a year, put a bad taste in my mouth.

"She doesn't know that I'm here." She began, making me roll my eyes. "She made a mistake, J. She gave you a second chance, why can't you give her one?"

"Blah, blah, blah...she doesn't deserve a second chance." I growled. "But I have an idea." I stood up and started walking back and forth. "You can let her know that whenever she wants to show that...perfectly pale face around here again, I have a nice...silver...bullet...with her name written all over it." Ivy just glared at me, downing her drink, before she stood up.

"I don't want to pry, but at least think about it. You know where to find me, if you ever need to." She gave me a wink as she headed towards the door.

"What's your rush, Red? How about you stay and show me what I've been missing out on." She froze up and looked back at me, looking me up and down. As dangerous as it is to mess around with a woman, whose body is filled with deadly toxins...I found myself wanting to see what mother nature can really do.

"Goodbye Joker." She smirked, walking out of the lounge as I started laughing. I loved making these women squirm, except...I didn't make Alex squirm. Why? Why couldn't I make her fear me?

"FROST!" I called out.

"Yeah, boss?"

"That girl from earlier...Alex..." I began, seeing her beautiful face pop up in my mind. "Find her. Find her and bring her to me."