10. The Queens of Crime

*~Omniscient~*

Harleen was standing on the edge, looking down at the boiling hot chemicals that filled her nostrils. She wasn't sure why Joker asked her to meet him at ACE Chemicals, but she wasn't about to pass up a chance to prove how much she loved him.

"Question... Would you die for me?" Joker asked, looking at Harleen.

"Yes." She answered.

"That's too easy. Would you... Would you live for me? Hmm?"

"Yes." She answered, with no hesitation.

" She answered, with no hesitation

"Careful. Do not say this oath thoughtlessly." He began, covering her mouth with his tatted hand "Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power. Do you want this?" He ran his index finger down her bottom lip, staring into her eyes.

"I do."

"Say it. Say it. Say it. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty..."

"Please?" She begged, almost as if she were whining.

"Aw! God, you're so... good." Joker smiled, slightly impressed with her. She walked towards the edge and looked down, turned to face him before she falls backwards and into the chemical cauldron.

Joker stood on the edge and watched as she went under, before he turned around and began to walk off.

"Fuck!" He grunted, turning around and removing his jacket, before he jumped off the ledge and into the cauldron after her.

No doubt in his mind, her skin was now pale and her once golden blonde hair was bleached a dull, white blonde.

Holding her in his arms, Joker leaned down and kissed her lips, waking her as she looked up at him and smiled. They shared another kiss before Joker pulled back and started laughing hysterically.

Hearing a noise from behind her, Harley turned and pointed her gun in the direction from where the noise came from, sighing when she saw Poison Ivy and Livewire.

"Chill Harl, it's just us." Ivy said, holding her hands up.

"Announce yourselves next time!" She snapped at them.

"Please tell me why we had to meet you here? This place reeks of chemicals!" Livewire grumbled, covering her nose.

"Mistah J's looking for me in Crime Alley and I know this is probably one of the places that he'll coming looking, but I couldn't help myself. This place...it holds so many memories."

"I still don't know what you see in that clown, but heads up...he has a new little toy." Harley snapped her head in their direction, glaring at them with a confused look on her face.

"What do you mean?"

"He and some unknown girl have been all over the news lately, wreaking havoc on the poor people of this pathetic ass city." Livewire told her, rolling her eyes.

He's moved on.

He doesn't love you anymore.

You're dead to him.

Daddy has a new toy to play with.

The voices in her head were talking loud and clear, but she tried her best not to let them get to her. It was a little too late for that though. She could feel the tears swell up in her eyes as she looked down at the pit of chemicals once again, closing her eyes, and taking a deep breath.

"We need to find out who this new little toy is." She said, turning back and looking at her friends. "Besides...we're together again, you guys. The Queen of Crimes are back and badder than ever!" She grabbed their hands and held them, as they started to laugh and spin around in a circle.

"We need to get you out of here though, Harl. If Joker finds you, he's not going to hesitate to kill you and he told me that straight from his own crimson red mouth." Ivy told her. Harley smiled a sick, twisted smile, laughing a little as she pointed to her 'Puddin' necklace.

"My Puddin' would never hurt me. He still loves me, he just doesn't know it yet because I've been gone so long."

"Gone? Or shacked up with the guy you cheated on him with?" Livewire questioned. Harley glared at her and ran up on her, but Livewire pointed her finger at her and shook her head. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. I'll send volts into your body like you would never believe! You think what that clown did to you was something? Tuh. Please! I'll knock you on your ass and you'd never get back up!"

KILL HER!

KILL HER!

KILL HER!

Harley grabbed her head and shook it, not wanting to let the voices in her head to win and she end up doing something she'd regret in the long run.

"Ladies, calm down. We're finally reunited and instead of you two going at each other's throat, you need to be saving some of that energy for this new girl that has Joker's attention at the moment." Ivy said, standing in between them. "Now...let's get out of here and go find somewhere to lay low until we find out who this girl is and where we can get her alone."

"I know just the place. Come on let's go." Harley said, linking arms with Ivy and Livewire. Just as they walked out of ACE Chemical's building and disappeared into the night, Joker and his men pulled up to check the place out. He knew how much this place meant to Harley and it wouldn't surprise him if he found her here reminiscing on the night she declared her love for him.

"She's out there somewhere. Find her." He said to Frost, staring out into the darkness of the night.