17. Don't Leave Me

*~Alexandria~*

*~Alexandria~*

Two Months Later

I could hear beeping machines and low talking in the distance, as I slowly opened my eyes and squinted at the bright lights above me. I went to shield my eyes, but I stopped when I realized that my right arm was handcuffed to the hospital bed, which made me freak out a little bit.

"Dad?" I called out, clearing my throat. "Daddy, why I am I handcuffed? What's going on?"

"Alex, calm down alright?" He spoke, quickly walking over to my bed.

"What's going on? Why am I in here?"

"You don't remember what happened?"

"No."

"You don't remember...Anything?" He asked me. I slowly shook my head, placing my free hand on my forehead. "You were involved in an accident two months ago. You've been in a coma since then and..." His voice trailed off, as he closed his eyes for a brief moment.

"And what?" I questioned. Before he could finish his sentence, a group of doctors swarmed in and kicked him out, just so they could give me a full check up and make sure that I was fully okay.

Apparently when I wrecked, I broke my arm, shattered my spine, and fractured my ribs, but somehow...I survived the crash and slipped into a coma. Lucky me, right?

"Besides your severe injuries, we also found out that you...are nine weeks pregnant." The doctor said, making my eyes widened. "We couldn't provide you with the treatment you needed, only because we couldn't terminate the pregnancy without your consent."

"P-pregnant? B-but how? I-I should still be a virgin...right?" I questioned, filling the tears swell up in my eyes. This had to be a dream or something, because there was no way that I was pregnant.

"Uh...Miss Wayne, answer me this. How old are you?"

"Fifteen." The doctors glanced at each other, murmuring something under their breath, as they all gathered together and started looking at my charts. One doctor then left the room, immediately coming back with my dad behind him.

"We believe your daughter has a slight case of amnesia." He began. My dad furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced at me, covering his mouth as he shook his head. "We're not sure how severe the amnesia is, but we're going to run some test and see what we're dealing with. In the meantime, I advise that you sit down and talk to her. Try and see if you can help her regain some of her memory." Once they left us alone, there was strong tension that filled the air, but I had no idea why. He sighed heavily and walked over towards the bed, taking a seat next to me and grabbing my hand.

"Daddy...why am I in handcuffs?" I asked. "Did I do something wrong?" He could barely even look at me, as he sat there quietly, I guess trying to figure out what to say next and how to say it.

"You...you've done a lot of things wrong, Alex. Some that you don't remember and I wish I could keep it that way, but I can't." He said.

"What do you mean?" He stood up and started to pace back and forth, running his hands through his hair and checking his watch.

"There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. Once you're released from here, you'll be transported to Arkham Asylum." My eyes widened and my mouth fell completely open, as I felt the tears swell up in my eyes.

"WHAT?! WHY?! What did I do? I didn't do anything!" I cried.

"Alex...you clearly don't remember this, but you've been running through the streets of Gotham with Joker. I know you're the Black Siren and I'm sure that he manipulated you into doing all those things for him, which is why you're being admitted into the Asylum instead of going to prison." I covered my face and cried hysterically, trying to catch my breath, but it hurt to breath. Hell, it hurt to do anything.

"I would never run the streets with that clown! Daddy, please don't do this!"

"The decision has already been made, Alex. I'm sorry, but...my hands are tied." He sighed.

"It's a mistake! They got the wrong person, I swear!" He bent down and placed a kiss on my forehead, closing his eyes as he turned away from.

"I'm sorry, Alexandria. But there's nothing more I can do." And with that, he walked towards the door and opened it...looking back at me with his eyes filled with regret.

"NO, DON'T LEAVE! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, ignoring the pain that radiated through my entire body. "DAD! DAAAADDDD!" I sat up and started ripping the IVs out of my arm, preparing to climb out of bed, but I had forgotten that I was handcuffed. My screaming only got louder and my cries grew harder, which sent the same group of doctors rushing into my room.

"Miss Wayne! Calm down, please calm down!" They all surrounded me and held me down, as one of the doctors jabbed a syringe into my arm, making me immediately calm down as I grew tired...slowly blacking out.

*

*~Omniscient~*

Tears were at the brim of Bruce's eyes as he stepped out of the room and walked down the hallway, meeting Robin and Alfred in the waiting room. Alex's screams could be heard throughout the entire floor and it hurt his heart that he had to do what he did. Like he said though...his hands were tied.

"Hey, what's going on? Is that Alex? Why is she screaming?" Robin asked. He had been coming to the hospital every single day, waiting patiently for his niece to wake up, so he can hear her side of the story. He didn't believe Bruce when he told him that Alex was hanging out with Joker, and he wanted to hear that it wasn't true from Alex's mouth.

"I've decided to go with my original plan and send Alex to Arkham." He told them. "She's not taking the news well, which is why she's screaming."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"No, but I think she might be."

"Why? Because you think she's out running the streets with The Clown Prince? Get real, Bruce! She would never do that!"

"I have to agree with Master Robin." Alfred chimed in. "Alex may be a lot of things, but she's no fool."

"Well the footage I received says otherwise. Remember the night that Joker took us on that high speed chase? Well come to find out...he wasn't the one that was driving. Alex was. She's the Black Siren." He pulled out his phone and showed them the picture of Alex and Joker, running a red light, as they both laughed and looked at one another. Robin felt foolish. Here he was, defending his niece, when she had been lying to him and everyone else the entire time.

"I can't believe this." He murmured.

"Well believe it! Because of that psychopath, my daughter is lying in a hospital bed with amnesia! And to make matters worse...she's pregnant."

"WHAT?!" Both Robin and Alfred exclaimed.

"Is it Joker's kid?"

"I'm not sure. And I won't be sure until she regains her memory and tells me everything I want to know. In the meantime...you both should steer clear of her for now. Not only is she a danger to herself and others, but she's also a danger to Gotham." He said. As much as they wanted to help Alex, they knew they had to listen to Bruce and stay away from her for awhile. No matter how much they didn't want to.