She was the one I bumped into.

"I—Its fine!" She stuttered out with a nervous laugh.

I raised an eyebrow at her reaction. Why was she acting like that? If anything I should've been the one to act like that. I wanted to comment on it but I didn't want to make my Mom disappointed.

"I'm Shancai, this is Li Zhen, and Chen Qinghe" she introduced her friends when noticing the awkward silence.

I smiled showing my white pearled teeth,"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Kiara Huang, I like to go by my American first name"

"Wow! Your so pretty and even with your tan skin it looks nice" Li Zhen suddenly blurted out brightly.

Her brightness suddenly reminded me of someone. I didn't like it.

I nodded forcing a smile,"Thank you."

"Kiara are you a new here or a not new student?" Qinghe questioned.

"I'm new here, I'm a freshman."

"Hey then we'll see each other more often!" He cheered stepping closer to me.

I tilted my head amused.

"Well it's good that I know you guys then. I won't have to be lonely his year"Li Zhen said in relief.

"Of course! We'll all be best friends from now on for the next few weeks including you Kiara if that's okay?" Shancai wondered.

I raised an eyebrow shocked. I had jut met them less than five minutes and they want me to be best friends with them? This felt weird.

People didn't act like this with me. Especially not for the first time. Usually when they knew about me they just would flirt or be respectful like I was some wise women. Or due to the amount of money my family has.

But with what happened everyone treated me like a piece of glass that was going to shatter. 

No! I need to forget about that. Now that I'm here I'm a new person. No one knows who I really am.

This was my fresh start. I could act the way I really wanted to without already having a title on me.

I grinned putting a finger on my chin pretending to think,"Hmm my answer is..I look forward to it then, four years together" I grinned.

The three of them chuckled as we then placed our hands in the middle,"Yay!" We cheered.

I chuckled at this as it felt very kid like but I wasn't complaining. Maybe today will be better than I thought it would be.

"Kiara what's your schedule?" Qinghe questioned as I saw him trying to peak over at it.

I looked down at the paper in my hand and decided to just give them my schedule ,"My schedule is a lot but—"

"Whoa! Your majoring in fashion?"

"but studying criminology and justice?" Li Zhen finished for Shancai.

I nodded,"It's a weird combination. But I like fashion but I also want to become study crimes. Or at least try"

"But your going into the high top classes" Qinghe pointed out.

"Yeah I was the top student in my classes. That's most likely why. Is my schedule similar to your guys?"

Shancai shook her head sadly,"No, we only have two classes together."

I shrugged my shoulders,"Oh well better than none."

When the bell rang I waved bye to the three before heading off to class.

When they waved bye I couldn't help but smile actually happy that I made friends.

Maybe this reset for me was going to be good.

I looked down to my feet smiling but I bumped into the wall making me drop my phone to the ground. I sighed looking around to see if anyone saw that.

Can I be even more clumsy?

I groaned picking up my phone but noticed I had a unread text. When did I get this text? Is it from my lame butt of a Dad ?

I clicked through my messages lazily scrolling through it until I saw who it was from.

My thumbs froze over the keyboard as I my eyes began to water up with my eyes staring at the screen.

I slowly looked around trying to see if anyone in particular was looking at me but everyone was walking with their friends, a couple laughing as their voices now began to echo.

My throat tightened as my breathing was now hardening. It felt like I was choking. With water being shoved down my throat. But there was nothing. It was my own mind messing with me.

Having fun now that you've made new friends? Guess it sucks that you think you can forget about me. You can try and paint things over but deep under the surface it'll pop up again. You can't erase the past Kiara. We all know that. I know you miss me
Xoxo, NY