Epilogue

Sadly this is the final chapter.  Thank you everyone for all the support.  I never imagined this story doing as well as it has done.  So thank you everyone.  So I will have a new story coming out this Monday.  It is called Never Just Assume.

It is senior year, and this is the tenth school Valentine has attended since being in high school. As always Valentine plans to not stick out, draw attention, or make any friends. That proves to be a problem when the most popular boy is Valentine's designated best friend and Valentine catches the eye of the most popular girl.

And one more thing...he's a she.

I would really appreciate it if you checked it out.  Again thank you everyone and enjoy the final chapter.

Fifteen years later

Mercedes P.O.V.

Fifteen years, it has been fifteen years since that fateful day. That was the day my life changed forever. Fifteen years seems like nothing since I will be in here for life. The last time I saw anything besides orange, gray, bars, and police officers was the final day of my trial. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Sammy, Violet, and Mary were so happy. Violet's and Sammy's parents were happy and relieved. I couldn't even look my parents in the eyes because I knew they were full of disappointment.

I never saw the trap coming. Well played Sammy well played. I only thought I would get ten years, fifteen max. Even if I did get out, my life would be over. I couldn't go back to teaching, no one would hire me and me being a criminal would make it even harder to find a job. My parents are the only people that visit me. Every time they visit, I can see the disappointment in their eyes. I had hoped that Sammy would come, but I stopped hoping for that after my third year.

Do I regret what I did to Sammy? Yes. You might be wondering why I did what I did. Sammy is the whole package, literally. I just wish Sammy would look at me the same way she would look at Violet. If I could go back in time, would I do anything differently. Hell yes I would. I would first break up Sammy and that wannabe. Then I would be the one there for Sammy. I wouldn't blackmail her or force her into anything. Cuz let's face it, that wannabe ain't got nothing on me.

Sammy's P.O.V.

Fifteen years, I can't believe it's been fifteen years. Me, Violet, and Mary all graduated high school that year. We all went to the same college and lived in an apartment that Violet's parents paid for. Violet went into business. I got a basketball scholarship and majored in business so that if I couldn't play basketball professionally I could work with Violet. Mary majored in dance and minored in business. We all graduated college in four years, four very stressful, busy, sleepless years, but we did it.

I proposed to Violet the final year of college on her birthday, she said yes. We got married later that year on our anniversary. Violet started working part time at her parents' company after we graduated. I got drafted into a pro team my senior year of college. I started playing for them after I finished my senior year. I had a phenomenal rookie season and I have broken multiple records throughout my eleven years. I am still playing professional, but this is probably my last year. Violet took over her parents' company six years. Me and Violet have three kids. Two boys and a girl. Our oldest boy is ten and the other is seven. Our daughter is the youngest at five.

Mary opened up her dance school after graduating college and helps her parents out with their business. Mary doesn't want to take over her parents' business unless something drastic happens. Remember that asshole I said Mary started dating in high school? He proposed to her during our sophomore year of college and they got married that summer. They have two kids, a boy and a girl. The girl is twelve and the boy is seven. Mary is hoping one of them take over her parents' business.

The devil was arrested, and the trial was a few weeks later. My parents were outraged when I told them everything, Violet's parents had the same reaction. Me, Violet, and Mary testified against the devil, even Harry testified against her. Violet's parents did everything in their power to make sure the devil was put away for as long as possible. The devil will never be seeing the light of day thanks to Violet's parents.

I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear the whistle. I look over at the crowd and look around until I spot them. Violet, my kids, Mary, her kids, and the asshole. I make a shooting motion and then point at Violet. She blows a kiss at me. I look at the scoreboard. The score is 105-107. We are down by two points with only six seconds left. I hear the whistle and the game starts back up. My teammate sets a screen for me and I am passed the ball. I look at the scoreboard, four seconds. I start to run towards the basket, but I am double teamed. So instead I run towards out of bounds.

I look at the scoreboard, two seconds. As I leap out of bounds I shoot the ball and the buzzer goes off. Everyone goes silent watching the ball. The ball sails through the air. I hold my breath. Its nothing but net. The crowd goes crazy. I made it. I am lifted up on two of my teammates shoulders and handed a trophy. I look at the scoreboard. 108-107. We won, holy shit we won.

Later that night after all the celebrating and putting the kids to sleep, me and Violet are cuddled in our bed. "I love you V" I say. "I love you babe" Violet says. I lean in and connect our lips, Violet immediately kisses me back. I pull away and asks, "What was the surprise you had for me?" Violet smiles and places my hand on her stomach. I look down at her stomach than back at her. I whisper, "Are you serious, your...."

"Yes" Violet whispers back. A smile breaks out on my face and I leave kisses all over Violet's face. Violet giggles. I pull up Violet's shirt just enough to show her stomach and I start placing kissing all over it. "I can't wait to meet you" I say and place another kiss on her stomach. I hear and sniffle and see Violet crying. "Don't cry" I say wiping away her tears, "I'm sorry." "Its not you" Violet says, "Now how about you let me congratulate you." "Don't mind if you do" I say.

Life is absolutely perfect. I got the girl of my dreams. We have three amazing kids and another on the way. I wouldn't trade it for anything, not even my unusual high school experience.

There you have it.  Thank you for reading Unusual High School Experience.  Thank you for over one thousand seven hundred total reads.  Thank you for over two hundred reads on chapter one.  Thank you for over a hundred reads on chapter two through chapter seven.  Thank you once again for all the support, I can't thank everyone enough.  As always votes and comments are appreciated.