Chapter 3

We see a very shocked looking Mary standing there. I look between Violet and Mary. "I thought...when did..." Mary says, "What the hell." "I-I-I...um" Violet says. Violet is struggling to say something, so I say, "Why don't we meet you at your house after school and we will explain everything." "Ok" Mary says. Me and Violet get out of my car and I lock it. We walk back into school with only ten minutes left of lunch. We quickly eat lunch and then go to our next class.

Once school ends me and Violet go to Mary's house. She lets us in. We sit down on the sofa and the room is filled with an awkward silence. "Why" Mary asks finally breaks the awkward silence, "Why didn't you ever tell me? I'm your best friend." "I was scared" Violet answers, "And I didn't want to lose my best friend." "Please, your stuck with me for life" Mary says pulling Violet into a hug. Once they separate, Mary asks, "How long have you two been dating for?" "We started dating during sophomore year" Violet says. "How did it all start" Violet asks.

"The party at the jocks house that you dragged me to" Violet says, "I went to go get a drink and I ran into that jock. We started talking and then he gave me a drink. Sammy comes over and forces the jock to drink it because he tried to drug me. After that we started talking." "I ended up kissing her and she kissed me back" I say, "Violet was tipsy, so I drove her home. Her parents were on a business trip and she asked me to spend the night. I did and that next morning we talked. I asked her out on a date and she said yes. After a few dates I asked her to be my girlfriend, she said yes."

"That asshole" Mary says, "If I ever see him-" "Relax" Violet says, "He got a taste of his own medicine. One of his ex-girlfriends found him and got a jock to take him to a bedroom. She then made sure some guys took advantage of him. That's why he switched schools after that." "Serves him right" Mary says, "I always thought you were straight." "I thought I was straight too and just really picky" Violet says, "After Sammy kissed me, I realized I have always been gay." "Have you two told your parents" Mary asks. "Not yet, but I am going to soon" Violet says. "I have" I say.

"Last question" Mary says, "Why were you mad at Violet this morning?" I say, "Because the guys were flirting with Violet-" "Because you were jealous" Mary says, "That's a stupid reason." "No, let me finish" I say, "Because every time guys flirt with her, she does nothing. Violet may not encourage them, but she doesn't discourage them either. I'm just tired of seeing that every day and not being able to do anything." Violet asks, "Why did you tell me?" "Its stupid" I reply. "If you had told me early, I would discourage them" Violet says. Mary says, "I'll get you your gift."

Mary goes and gets Violet her gift. It's a bag full of clothes. I put the clothes in my trunk and open the door for Violet. Mary and Violet hug. Mary says, "You two are so cute. Bye Violet, bye Sam." We get in the car and I drive off. "So that invite to come over tonight" I say, "Is that still good?" I glance at Violet and see that she is smiling. I smile back at her.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  If you have any suggestions or questions let me know.  As Always votes and comments are appreciated.