Chapter 8

It has been three weeks, three agonizing weeks since I last talked to Violet. These last three weeks have been hell. I have been by the devil's side twenty-four seven since the basketball season hasn't started and I haven't gotten any school projects where I have to work with a partner. Whenever Violet sees me, she always walks away. I know she has been crying and I feel like shit because I know she is crying over me, but I am doing this for her. Mary hates my guts. I'm assuming she hasn't told her parents because I am still in one piece.

The devil has the pictures locked up in her office, it took me a week just to learn how to pick the lock. I searched the entire office and couldn't find them, so that leaves her computer and I haven't been able to hack into that yet. Luckily, she hasn't forced me to go past second base with her yet. But I have a feeling that she is going to force me to go further with her soon, even all the way. I shudder at that thought. I have to find a way to talk to Violet and Mary.

Then during lunch today, my prayers were answered. Coach is going to start making the six players he has condition twice a week to get us ready for when the season starts in like a month and half. Mary has cheerleader practice then. I just have to find a way to talk to her without the devil finding out, she has eyes everywhere. After I find that out I go to the devil's room to let her know. She tells me to come over to her house after practice. Once school ends I go to the gym. Coach starts our conditioning and I see the devil standing there. She was checking to make sure I wasn't lying. Does she think I'm stupid? If I lied, she would have sent the pictures to the entire school.

Once conditioning ends, I go the locker room. I see Mary waiting to take a shower. Normally I would just go home and take a shower, but I want to prolong how long I don't have to see or speak to the devil. Half an hour later basically all the cheerleaders are gone. I see Mary walk to one of the shower stalls and start to take a shower. Perfect, she chose the first stall. I walk into the one next to her's and close the curtain. I then jump over the wall. Mary goes to scream, but I cover her mouth. If she finds out, she will out Violet. Mary's eyes go wide in shock, but that is quickly replaced by anger.

"If you are truly Violet's best friend you won't scream" I whisper. I uncover her mouth and she doesn't scream. Mary says, "What the-" I cover her mouth and whisper, "Whisper." "You ok Mary" a cheerleader asks. "I'm fine" Mary says after I uncover her mouth, "I thought I saw a bug." "Eww" the cheerleader says. "What the hell" Mary whispers. "I can explain" I whisper. "First off I'm naked" Mary whispers, "Secondly, why do I have to whisper." "Not like you haven't changed and stripped in front of me before" I whisper, "Because she might hear us."

"Who is she" Mary whispers. "Miss Avalon" I whisper. "What are you whispering about" Mary whispers. "The day of mine and Violet's two year anniversary, the devil blackmailed me into dating her. If I didn't she would send pictures of me and Violet, real intimate pictures of us to the whole school" I whisper, "That's why I had to hurt Violet. I didn't want to, but I didn't want her to be outed when she wasn't ready. I'm doing this because I love her. I love her so much."

"I want to see some proof" Mary whispers. I pull out my phone and show her the text messages between me and the devil. After she reads through them, she looks at me with a shocked look on her face. "Sam..." Mary whispers. "I need your help" I whisper. "I'll help you" Mary whispers, "I'll talk to Violet and try to figure out a way to get you out of this mess." "I just have to get my own proof" I whisper, "But I have no idea how to." "We will figure that out later" Mary whispers, "Meet me back in this stall in a week." "Ok" I whisper. I climb out of her stall and take a shower. After I finish, I get dressed and head to the devil's house.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  If you have any suggestions or questions let me know.  As always votes and comments are appreciated.