Chapter 1 - Hand Cuffs & Coffee Stains

THIS BOOK IS DISCONTINUED 

1, 2, 3, guys in hand cuffs. 4 guys so far in hand cuffs. Wait, 5 guys being lead in one after another in hand cuffs and everyone else down here at the Los Angeles Drug Enforcement Administration office continue doing what they are doing like this is normal. They were young, couldn't be any older than 18. A mixture of guys from Black, to Latino and Caucasian who remind me so much of the gang.

I sat on a cold wooden bench with my right leg crossed over my left, bouncing up and down on my third cup of coffee. Even though the office was muggy and loud with papers rustling, computer keys clicking and officers moving out, I shivered violently. It has been three days since I've seen Kash lying face down on the lawn with handcuffs around his wrists and being yanked up by two burly officers and shoved in the back of the cop car by some others. He didn't even try to fight them and they treated him so violently.

I've been in and out of the office since that evening, not wanting to leave no matter how many times they told me that I should go home and rest and tend to my children but I left them with Valentina.

"Cammie-Cammie stop shaking," the warm hands of my older sister pressed down into my shoulders and my violent shivering stopped. I rolled my lips together and tasted the harsh black coffee on my lips and closed my eyes down for a moment. I started shaking again.

"I can't," I shook my head and tears rolled down my cheeks.

Candace put her left arm around me and brought me closer. I cried into her chest that cushioned me and wanted the whole office to know what they were ripping away from me. I wanted them to know that this wasn't supposed to happen and we eliminated Diablo, a drug lord that they couldn't get a hold of. I wanted them to hear every note in my sobbing, every high note in my bawling and feel what I was feeling right now. I wanted these insensitive officers to relive what I lived and understand why they can't just take Kash from me like this. Why they can't hurt our family when things were supposed to get better from here on out.

"Listen, hun. I know how you feel. Trust me I understand how you are feeling but I need you to calm down, okay? Things are going to be alright," Candace tried preaching to me but I shook my head and broke away from her embrace.

"How do you know that?" I threw my hands up.

"Cammie-" Candace began.

"Why would anyone call the cops? Who else even knows about this? Why now?" I asked loudly and a few officers looked over and a middle aged woman walked up to me with short blond hair.

"Ma'am you need to calm down. What is your name?" she asked me.

"Cameron," I said as I settled down for a moment, "when am I going to be able to see him?" I questioned her.

"Raoul McDufy? He'll be out in a moment. He's being questioned," she told me and I nodded slowly as she rubbed my shoulder and then took my empty cup of coffee and walked away, tossing it into a trash can.

I waited and about a half an hour later, I saw the officers bringing those 5 guys back out and he lined them up still in their hand cuffs. And then I saw two officers holding Kash with his arms behind his back and his hand cuffs on. My throat dried up and I heard one of the guys say something.

"Yo, check it out homes, that's the Kingpin," one of the guys nodded over at Kash, "went under the radar for years. Now it finally caught up to him-and his wife." He finally looked over at me. I guess all of the underground work the gang has been doing got their names in the mouths of all of these other little street gangs. It is so scary how they look at Kash as the Kingpin...they singled him out as being the leader of all of this.