markings and tender moments (markings au part 1)

DISCLAIMER: I did not invent the 'markings' AU. The fic that inspired this will be linked down below. :)
Also, this is slightly more angsty than usual... you have been warned ;)

The last notes of the fast-paced 'IDOL' blasted through the dance studio speakers as seven boys sat sweaty and out of breath on the floor. They had been working to perfect the song for the last hour, and their bodies had been pushed to the very limits. It was all worth it in the end however, as they themselves could see a massive improvement in their movements from when they had first tried the dance.

Their dance teacher clapped twice, dismissing them, shouting 'good work!' before leaving the studio. The members looked at each other in relief as one by one, they picked themselves off of the vinyl floor. Some made a beeline to the sofas and collapsed against the worn leather, others took giant swings of water as if it were the only thing that could keep them alive. However, this wasn't the truth for two of the members, who gave each other meaningful glances before the taller of the two took the shorter by the sleeve and led him out gently before the other exhausted men could notice.

"Hurry up, hyung!"
"I'm coming, I'm coming. S'not my fault you have legs like a goddamn flamingo"
Jungkook giggled at Yoongi's quip before stopping outside a white door, leading to a small broom closet. The door creaked as the younger opened it slowly, so none of the others would be informed of their whereabouts. He was sure that they would be less than happy to find them in a small broom closet doing what they were about to do.

You see, this was a kind of special day for Jungkook. When people are born, they have a special black marking on their backs. As they grow older and mature through puberty, this black marking becomes more and more clear, eventually forming a sentence when the person reaches adulthood. This sentence is important, because it is the last words that your soulmate will ever speak before their demise. To make finding your special someone easier, the sentence is written in your soulmate's handwriting. Today was the day that he and Yoongi would discover if they were really lovers bound by destiny, as cliché as that sounded.

The maknae had always loved the idea of soulmates and being spiritually connected to someone you would love for the rest of your life, having read plenty of books about the subject in his childhood, and doing his research as he felt his marking begin to become clearer. He had never read his marking, in an attempt to save the experience to be shared with someone he loved. Yoongi, on the other hand, had been less optimistic about the idea of being tied down with one person for his whole life. He had also never looked at his marking, more because he had never really cared. However, after being Jungkook's boyfriend for only a couple of weeks, he had agreed, albeit reluctantly, that he felt a genuine connection between the two of them. After a bit of persuasion on the singer's part, he had consented to let Jungkook look at his marking, and do the same for him.

Jungkook was practically shaking from excitement and nerves. Yoongi took the younger's hand and stroked the soft skin in an attempt to calm him down. In all honesty, he was feeling quite uneasy himself.
"It's gonna be fine, Kook. This will be a... learning experience, I guess"
The singer flashed Yoongi a signature bunny smile, and Yoongi's heart exploded, like it did every time Jungkook sent one of those charming grins his way. That feeling had never changed ever since he had met his boyfriend, and no matter how many times he saw that smile, which was practically daily, it never ceased to make his heart flutter like an anime schoolgirl's.

"So, who should go first? You can read mine first if you want?"
Yoongi could see that Jungkook was eager to find out what had been imprinted on his back for 21 years. Yoongi couldn't blame him. The younger was so in love with the idea of fate and star-crossed lovers, that it was a wonder he hadn't lost the battle against curiosity and snuck a peek at his mark. The rapper smiled fondly at the Jungkook's back, promising silently to himself that he would do anything in his power to make this experience a relatively enjoyable one.

Slowly, Yoongi lifted Jungkook's plain white shirt up to the nape of his sweat-soaked neck, and peered at the words written on the younger's back. There, in his own elegant handwriting, nestled neatly between his boyfriend's shoulder blades were the words:

Wait for me, Kook-ah.

"What does it say? What does it say?" Jungkook's excitement was rolling off of him in waves, causing Yoongi to smile fondly as he dropped the singer's shirt back down. After telling him what was written on his back and that it was indeed in the rapper's handwriting, Jungkook's eyes opened wide, and his eyes glassed over. He threw his arms around the older male, whispering to his soulmate:
"I knew we were meant to be together"

Yoongi's arms snaked around his partner, keeping a firm grip on his slim waist and breathing in the musky scent of cologne and perspiration. He was glad to be able to spend the rest of his life with the one person he loved most in the world.
"I love you, Kook" he murmured, smiling as the younger buried his head into the older man's shoulder.

Jungkook gently disconnected himself from Yoongi's embrace, smiling faintly.
"I think it's time I looked at your marking as well, hyung!"
Yoongi turned around obediently, and let the younger man guide the bottom of his shirt upwards, shivering slightly as the cool air brushed against his sweaty back. He could feel Jungkook staring holes into his back, and for some reason, it made him feel anxious.

"Jungkook, that is your handwriting, right?"
"Yeah. It's just that my last words are a bit... troubling, to say the least."
An uneasy feeling settled in the pit of Yoongi's stomach, as he tried to imagine what words were scrawled on his back. Turning round to face Jungkook, he grabbed the younger's hands, and looked into his eyes, which he could now see held a hint of fear.
"Jungkook. What does it say?"
Jungkook gripped Yoongi's hands, and looked away from his soulmate.

"Yoongi-hyung, move!"

I changed the title yay
oh jeebus I've been gone for way too long. I'm so sorry :(
This AU was based off of a Haikyu!!  (hmu if you've read/watched it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) fanfic which I adORE ()
Like that fic, this will have two parts.
You can read the original here:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/4242105
I might invent my own AU for the bois next time... (ω<)
I managed to publish this on 23:57, September 1st, just in time for the last minutes of Jungkook's birthday. I love you Kook :) <3

Once again, thank you all so much my lovely readers, and I will hope to see you again in about a week or so!