bromance and jealousy

Jimin's eye twitched.

For once, this wasn't because he had stayed up too late trying to fit in a few extra hours of dance practice, or because he had had too much coffee in the morning while trying to spruce up his dreary appearance for the interview they had this afternoon. No, this was something that was truly pissing him off - and pissed off was an emotion that the singer never usually felt.

However, he had a good reason to be pissed off in this case. Jungkook had recently gone to study at a prestigious university for performing arts. Going to a new school meant that Jungkook was able to meet many people. Unfortunately, this particular person that was currently sat beside Jungkook, Hyunsoo, had a personality that Jimin didn't like very much. In fact, none of the hyungs were too happy with the way Hyunsoo acted around Jungkook.

Unfortunately, the youngest seemed to be the only one oblivious to it.

Jungkook was currently sat close to said person, not noticing, or not choosing to notice, the hands lingering on his thighs or the closeness of their faces. Jimin could see Hyunsoo's eyes boring into Jungkook's, filled with hunger and lust.

This was how it had been ever since Hyunsoo had started hanging out with their youngest member. Lingering touches left in inappropriate places, eyes wandering up and down Jungkook's body, obvious advances which Jungkook always unconsciously rejected, brushing it off as just another sign of Hyunsoo's platonic love towards him.

Frankly, Hyunsoo's actions had been driving the 6 older men crazy.

Jimin stood up, tired of the games Hyunsoo was playing. He wished he could take action against the older man, but not while the youngest was here with them. Jimin, or any other member for that matter, had always treated Jungkook with care, and the older singer for one really didn't want Jungkook to witness the not-so-nice side of him that he was currently trying to restrain.

Jimin could feel Jungkook's eyes on him as he walked out of the room. Before rounding the corner, the older shot a cute smile towards him. Jungkook blushed a soft pink, and looked the other way to avoid his hyung's fond gaze.

Satisfied, Jimin made his way back to him room. Jimin-1, Hyunsoo-0.

~

DING!

Yoongi's phone vibrated, distracting the rapper from his 'track-tinkering' as he liked to call it. The bright sound had broken his concentration, and he was slightly annoyed as he turned to see who had contacted him. His annoyance only deepened as he read the message:

From: Jungkook

Hey hyung, thanks for your offer. I would've loved to go to that new diner with you and Namjoon hyung, but Hyunsoo said that he needed help with a super important project he was working on. I hope we can organize something later though!

Yoongi sighed, rubbing the space between his eyes. Namjoon had been super-stressed lately, as a result of helping Hoseok with some beats for his hixtape and putting in extra hours for dance practice, hoping to improve his dance skills. He knew how much the younger rapper would've liked Jungkook to come along, but he couldn't exactly force Jungkook to leave Hyunsoo and his 'super important project'.

Yoongi sighed again, before typing out a response for the maknae:

To: Jungkook

It's fine, kid. Namjoon was looking forward to it but I guess he'll just have to put up with grumpy old me accompanying him. But, you have to tell Joon that you're not coming yourself. And next time, you're definitely coming with us.

A few seconds later, Yoongi's phone dinged again:

From: Jungkook

Ok, I promise. I won't let you down next time hyung!