warm evenings and barbecues

Jungkook shivered and pulled the thin blanket tighter around him. He didn't like the cold, especially when it was meant to be warmer, seeing as it was autumn.

It felt more like winter.

He checked his phone, wincing at the bright screen glaring through the darkness of the small room. 6:30. How much time left to kill until the rest of the members came home from their schedule?

Jungkook sighed, looking out of the window, and spying a barbecue grill outside. Seokjin had bought it last spring, but because of their busy schedules preparing for their comeback, they had never had the chance to use it. A bright idea suddenly came to him; surely the rest of the band could use a little cheering up after a long day of photoshoots?

~

The van glided smoothly along the road, the gentle humming sound it was making feeling almost calming to Taehyung. It had been a long day filled with photoshoots and interviews, and for now, he just wanted to go back to to the dorms and sleep forever. He was dropping against the window, about to fall asleep, when the phone in his pocket vibrated and made him hit his head against the window in surprise.

Taehyung groaned, and the other members looked over at him in concern. Giving them a reassuring smile, he had a look at his phone screen:
'Jeon Seagull'
The singer smiled, knowing that the maknae would probably be the best person to talk to after a long day. He swiped the 'answer' button.
"Hey. I'm fine, what about you? We'll be back in 10 minutes. You did what?"
Taehyung's eyes began sparkling. The others in the van looked on, confused.

As soon as the van was parked and all the members were out, Taehyung ran round to the back of the building. He poked his head round the side, and motioned for his hyungs to follow him. They all walked round to where Taehyung was standing, and were shocked at what they saw.

The barbecue they had bought a few months back was lit, with smoke rising from it. Chairs and tables had been brought out and place in a circle. Most importantly though-the smell of grilled meat rose from the table, meaning that the worn-out members were in for a feast tonight.

Jungkook walked out, holding a bottle of lemonade and some glasses. He stopped in surprise and smiled sheepishly at his hyungs.
"Well, I know you guys have been stressed about our comeback, so I thought you might want to relax a little. Food always helps me personally..."

He trailed off. Taehyung ran up to Jungkook and gave him a massive hug, causing the younger to almost drop the items he was holding. He snaked his hand up to Jungkook's hair and ruffled it lovingly.

"Thank you, Jungkook. Thanks for always thinking of us".

Jungkook beamed. He loved his hyungs so much, they had raised him, made him feel good when he was down. He would always be grateful to his second family.

"This was the least I could do for you, hyung".

A few hours later, everyone was chatting and laughing under the full moon. All earlier exhaustion was gone, and the atmosphere was lively and playful.

Taehyung sat by himself on a patch of grass, watching the evening sky. Suddenly, cold metal was placed on his forehead, and he recoiled in surprise.

A can was dropped on his lap, and Jungkook plopped down on the slightly damp grass, leaning his head on his hyung's shoulder.

"Did you like the food, hyung?"

"It was the best barbecue I've had in a while. Where did you learn to grill like that? Well, it's expected of the golden maknae anyway"

The younger male chuckled contentedly. As long as his hyungs were happy and relaxed, he could breathe easy.

The two idols sat on the damp grass in comfortable silence, listening to the faint laughter of the members behind them. The moon was bright in the sky, and the breeze was cool and refreshing. In that moment, Taehyung knew he wouldn't trade this feeling for the world.

do i even have to talk about dna? it was soooooooooooooooooooo good. i was crying by the end of the vid. the visuals were onflllllleeeeeeeekkkkkkkk. overall it's so beautiful, so well produced and I luv it so much <3
who's watched bts on knowing bros? i've loved aua for a long time, so when i found out that they were going on the show i was ecstatic :'D
holy hell its been a long time since i went on wattpad(;^ω^
i just saw that we are at 1K reads which is absolutely crazy, i honestly don't deserve ur love <3
i was listening to young forever before writing this and it made me emotional af :'
thanks 4 reading!