Prologue

No One POV

The sounds of footsteps was heard across the empty street, soon making an abrupt stop as they made it to their destination. Soft panting escaped their lips, steadying their breathing.
Eyes scanned the quiet area. Usually, a few zombies would be lurking around but none seemed to pop out. This made the group more cautious than they already were. As much as they hated going out, needed supplies and food were getting short.

Pushing the glass door as quiet as they can, hurriedly made their way inside. The store's interior were dirty, some even sprayed in dry blood. Windows were shattered, broken glass littered the checkered floor. The once packed shelves of food and items were now stripped until barely anything was there. Fortunately for the group, not everything was taken.

Without a moment too soon the group quickly scattered around the store, taking as much as they can. A couple of cans of food were spotted by one of the boys, snatching it into his backpack. He searched for more, successfully finding a couple of canned beans and tuna. A box-like smile plastered on his face when things were a lot smoother than he expected the journey to be. Less zombies, less worries, he would say.

"Hyung, need some help?" A soft voice broke the silence around him, getting startled.

Turning around, his mismatched eyes landed on a familiar figure. Frowning, he put a hand over his heart, "Don't scare me like that Jungkook, I could've hit you."

A chuckle escaped Jungkook's lips, having apologetic expression. He loved scaring his older comrades, making it a habit of his to once in a while scare them a little, "Sorry, I already emptied my part of the store so I thought to maybe check up on the others."

"Still, what if I actually continued to smack you on the head-" Taehyung pouted, "-You would be injured and then we would have a harder time trying to flee from the dead."

"Sorry, sorry, I wont do that again," Jungkook grinned. He said that many times before, yet always breaking that promise. At this point, everyone knew not only to be cautious outside, but also to Jungkook. He slung his backpack full of water bottles on his shoulders, adjusting to make sure it doesn't fall.

"Hey, you two done? We need to head back to the base now, Jin-hyung is waiting for us," a high-pitched voice interrupted the two. He was a bit shorter than the youngsters, yet older.

Nodding in respond, Tae and Jungkook zipped up their backpacks so the items wouldn't fall off. Following suit behind their Hyung, they calmly walked across the messy blood-stained floors towards the front.

Spotting the three boys, Jin made contact with all of them, signalling them to prepare to head out again. He had his trusty knife on it's holder, ready to swing at any enemy or zombie in his way. Despite how the others know how to defend themselves, his top priority was still to protect the three as it felt like a responsibility for him since he's the oldest. He had lost too many people he loved, losing three more would leave him devastated.

Slowly pushing open the glass door, as the group of boys were about to exit the broken store, the sound of a gun echoed the streets. Chills ran down their spine, bodies stiff as they drew their weapons out themselves. Looking at each other with worried glances, they spotted another group of survivors, locking on their restless forms. It had looked like the survivors killed a group member, and yet they didn't feel any remorse nor pain spread on their faces. This journey was not smooth at all.

"Shit-" Jin cursed "-we can't go out from the entrance or else they'll see us. Try the back door, it's farther from them," his eyebrows were knit together in frustration. Usually Namjoon would order them around but he wasn't here at the moment. He hissed at the thought of not knowing what to do in a situation like this, especially when a group of dangerous people were near.

Following Jin's order, Jimin ran towards the back exit, checking to see if it was safe. However once opening to outside, his face turned pale at the sight, multiple zombies roamed around, heading to the sound of the gun from earlier. This was not safe, no where was safe for that matter. Carefully closing the door so he wouldn't attract the walking corpses, Jimin scurried back to the rest informing them it wasn't any better from the back.

"What do we do now? We need to head back," Taehyung whispered, his deep voice sounding worried. His hand ran through his hair, feeling nervous.

"Why can't we just leave now then? The sooner we leave this place, the faster we can get home," Jungkook impatiently said, not caring if he was quiet. His shoulders slouched, the heavy weight from the backpack full of cans didn't help.

"Let's just wait it out, they would probably leave soon or later once they find the group of zombies from the back," Jin whispered back, earning a slight groan from the youngest. He wasn't sure if this was a good idea either, but it felt too risky and the chances of being seen were high. And so they waited.

The survivors outside were still goofing around, oblivious to the swarm of undead surrounding them. If they were focused and quieter, they would've been able to notice the groans and moans of the zombies creeping up on them. It was a miracle they even survived for this long. But as everything else, things end. Screams and shouts emitted from their mouths as the swarm attacked, biting and eating off their victim's flesh. The scene was bloody, one of the survivor's hand was ripped off, the muscles torn apart. Another's stomach was opened apart, the intestines and other organs eaten away.

Jimin couldn't look, feeling his stomach upset. He held onto Tae's shoulder for support. Closing his eyes, he imagined of happy things: puppies, unicorns, anything other than the image of the zombies tearing apart of what remains of the group from outside.

"This is our chance, we head out now," Jin stood up from crouching, almost stumbling to his feet. He had his hand opening the glass entrance open while the other just over his weapon, in case someone sneaks up on them.

The others quickly ran outside, away from the unfortunate event, away from the hungry undead. They didn't look back, not wanting to see anymore of that scene. What they needed to get was done, they can go back home now, back to where the others were.

Jungkook looked back however, the scene slowly shrinking from his view the farther away they were. He felt bad, guilty that they didn't help the survivors. But then again, the survivors had it coming, they should have known.

He hoped something like that wouldn't happen with his group; his only family left in this dead city....

---

Before you continue on reading I must inform you that this is my first fanfic so it might be a little all over place and the grammar a bit off. When the book is complete however, I promise to edit it to make sure everything is fixed. Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy!

See ya next chapter~

Antidote || BTS AU ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara