(33)

CARL'S POV
/////////////////////

It was now dark out. We got an alarming call from my dad saying the Saviors were coming and he was on his way.

I was beyond tired now, and no doubt sweating like crazy. My breathing was rapid, and my skin was burning up.

I ignored everything and helped Daryl get everyone safely in the sewers.

"Okay, get in." Daryl said still holding the entrance open.

I shook my head. "I can distract Negan." I said. Daryl shook his head. "No Carl, get down there." Daryl ordered.

"I have to do this." I said, urgency clear in my voice. Daryl looked like he was trying to read my mind before sighing.

I climbed down into the sewer and looked up at me. "You have an hour before I come and get you." He warned me. I nodded my head. "I'll be fine. I assured him as I closed the entrance.

I got up and jogged to the gate. I was heaving for breath by the time I got to the top of the tower. Hy hands gripped the railing tightly as I tried to at least get a little bit of my composure back.

It didn't take them long to show up. Negan arrived ten minutes after I had managed to calm down. He stepped out of the truck, a microphone in hand.

Hi eyes landed on me. Negan almost dropped the microphone. "Carl.." he whispered.

If it weren't for the microphone I wouldn't have heard him.

"I'm coming down!" I said loud enough for him to hear me.

I climbed down and opened the gate. I ran up to Negan and jumped into his arms, I didn't care what anyone thought at this point.. it didn't matter anyway.

Negan hugged back tightly. "Oh god I fuckin missed you." He whispered to me. I chuckled slightly. "I missed you too..." I trailed off.

Negan must have heard the emptyness in my voice and pulled away from the hug, resting his hands on my hips. "What's wrong baby boy?" He asked.

I felt tears stinging my eyes already.

"I'm dying Negan.." I whispered. Negan chuckled for a second until he saw the serious expression on my face.

"H-how?" He asked. I felt his hands start to tremble against my hips.

"I was bit... I helped someone, but I got bit in the process." I explained.

I saw tears brimming in Negan's beautiful coffee brown eyes.

"Where?" He asked looking right at me.

I lifted my shirt up and pulled the top of the bandage down.

Negan just stared as everything sunk in.

He turned to his men. He looked at Arat and gestured for her to come this way.

She did so, glancing at the bite on my chest. "What is it boss?" She asked.

"Take everyone home, leave a car here for me.." Negan ordered, his normally loud, and dominant voice was wavering and cracking as he spoke.

It broke my heart even more.

"Where are your people?" Negan asked once all the other Saviors had gone.

"I'll take you." I told him. Negan nodded and followed me.

I led him to the entrance to the Sewer and opened it up.

"I'll go in first and help you down." Negan said softly, silent tears falling down his cheeks.

I nodded slightly. I heard the gasps and the people moving away once they realized it was Negan climbing down into the sewer.

"Come on." Negan said to me gently.

I slowly lowered myself down, his hand on my back the whole time.

I saw everyone had their wepons pointed at Negan once I was standing on the ground.

"Put them down." I said, my voice raspy. No one moved.

"I said put them down!" I reapeated, raising my voice. Everyone heasitated before lowering their wepons.

I let Negan lead me over to the back of the tunnel and help me sit down.

Negan sat down right next to me, snaking his hand around my waist and pressing his face against my hat.

I was sweating like a pig at this point, my breathing was slowing, and my skin was on fire.

This was real and there was no stopping it..