(31)

CARL'S POV
////////////////

When I woke up in the morning I instantly thought about how many people could die today.

Dad was attacking the Sanctuary and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. All of this got out of hand so quickly and it was only getting worse, I was still struggling to wrap my head around it.

I watched as everyone got ready to leave. People were loading guns and putting in body armor. They were even welding metal to the sides of cars.

I sighed and got up. I walked out if my room, and out if the house.

I instantly went to Daryl.

"I would be wasting my breath if I asked to go, wouldn't I?" I asked him. Daryl sighed and looked at the ground. "I'm stayin' too." He said.

I looked at him shocked. "Why?" I asked. "Rick wants me to keep an eye on this place, on you." He explained.

I shook my head. "Of course." I mumbled to myself.

By that time everyone was getting in their cars to leave. Dad walked up to us. "I'll be back soon." He said to both of us. His attention then turned fully to me.

"I'm sorry this has to happen Carl." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I moved away from the touch. I saw the hurt in my dad's face, I tried to ignore it as he turned to Daryl.

"Be careful." Daryl said before pulling my dad into a tight hug. I watched the two of them, and I couldn't help but feel happy that they had gotten together.

It was the same kind of happy I felt when I saw dad and Michonne together, and before that him and mom.

I wished he could be the same kind of happy for me and Negan. But I understand why he wasn't, doesn't meant it hurt any less.

Dad pulled away slightly only to press a quick kiss to Daryl's lips.

"I will." He said before walking to the car in front and getting in.

He led them all out of Alexandria, and who knows how many to their deaths.

I glanced at Daryl before walking back to the house. I sat down on the porch steps and sighed. The only thing I wanted was for things to go back to the way they used to be. Back when my dad still thought I was dead. Maybe things would have turned out differently.

I sat there for what felt like hours. I felt myself suffocating. I had to get out if there. I couldn't stop thinking about all the people that could die. I had to do something!

I stood up and ran to the gates. I huddled in the shadows until the gaurd change about twenty minutes later.

I took my chance and slid through the gate. I ran as fast as I could into the woods.

Once I was sure I was out of sight I stopped and caught my breath.

I started walking in what I thought was the right direction.

I recognized nothing. I knew I was for sure lost when I saw walkers on stakes trying to get to a plastic bag.

I stood behind a tree watching. Some Mexican looking guy walked up and started killing the walkers.

Some of them got loose and went after him. I couldn't just stand there. I took my knife out of my pocket and ran up to the walkers, killing the ones that came after me.

I felt something touch my back. I whipped around and a walked fell on top of me, pinning me against a log.

I tried to get it off and kill it, but I was too late.

My eyes widened as I felt the rotting teeth sink into the flesh on my lower chest.

I mustered up every ounce of strength i had in my now dying body and stabbed the walker in the head.

I stood up slowly as my fate sunk in.

I was going to die.

(A/N: I AM SO SORRY)