(1)

CARL'S POV
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

"RUN!! WE'LL FIND YOU CARL! JUST RUN!!" My dad screamed at me. I had no time to hesataite so I booked it. I ran and ran until my legs couldn't move anymore. I collapsed in the middle of a road. Where the hell am I? I thought to myself.

I looked around. I didn't recognize anything. The road and trees were all new to me.

With nothing better to do, and a will to live; I forced myself to stand up. I started walking. My legs burned and screamed in protest, but I ignored the pain as best I could.

I walked until night fell. My stomach was growling and at this point everything hurt. I was drenched in sweat and covered in dirt. I don't think I had ever been so dirty before.

I was beyond tired, but I didn't know where was safe to sleep for the night. I couldn't see any buildings, no animal dens big enough for me to fit into. My only option was a huge tree in front of me.

I climbed up a little ways, there was a space where the trunk broke off into three parts, it was big enough for me to sleep on. I leaned back against one of the trunks and closed my eyes.

All I could think about was my dad and the rest of the group. Did they even make it out alive? I asked myself.

I sighed and tried to clear my head. After what felt like forever sleep finally came to me.

--

I flinched awake. I looked around suddenly remembering where I was. I groaned in pain as I started to climb down the tree. I limped on both legs as I walked. I walked and walked and walked.

Eventually I came a across a gas station. I walked through looking for something, anything to eat and drink.

The only things I could manage to scrounge up was a bottle of gatoriad and some soup.

I sighed. I looked around and eventually found a decent sized backpack. I put the food and drink in the bag and walked out of the gas station.

I once again walked for an unreal, insane amount of time. The only thing I needed now was some kind of weapon. Hell even one of them sharp nail files would work.

Nothing. Nothing. And more nothing. No matter where I stopped it turned up dry. Its almost as if there was never any supplies in the area at all.

It didnt help that I wasn't paying attention to the road signs. I had no clue where I was.

---

It had been about another day and a half. I was dehydrated, hungry, sweaty, and tired. I didn't think I could walk anymore. Dying sounded better than walking at this point.

I heard the distant rumbling of trucks, or at least I thought I did. I could be halusinating for all I knew.

I kept walking.

The sound grew closer and closer until it was like the trucks were right on top of me.

I turned around and saw three big trucks. They all stopped. I took a few steps away from the vehicles. I suddenly felt light headed.

A man stepped out of the middle truck. He had a leather jacket on along with a blood red scarf.

He had a baseball bat wrapped in barbedwire sitting on his shoulder, his hair was slicked back and his beard was a mix of grey and black.

"Do you have any..." Everything went black.

Edited