(4)

CARL'S POV
••••••••••••••••

Negan pulled the truck into a Walmart and turned the engine off. We both got out and walked to the door.

Negan raised his bat and banged it on the door a few times to see if there were any walkers. We waited a few minutes and nothing came up.

We both walked in. "So are we looking for something specific?" I asked Negan.

He shrugged. "Not really. Anything you wanna look for?" He asked. "Can we look for a python revolver?" I asked. "A python?" Negan asked.

"Why a python?" He added. "Um.. I just like the gun." I said looking down at the floor. I missed my dad so much.

"Did someone in your old group have one?" Negan asked. I sighed and nodded. "Ya, my dad." I admitted. "I want one to remind me of him, incase..... You know.." I trailed off.

Negan nodded. I swear I saw intense emotion but above all, sympathy in his eyes. "We'll look for one." He promised. "Thanks."

We headed for the weapons section. So far we saw nothing but hunting knives, rifles, bows, and normal pistols. My heart wrenched when I saw a cross bow that looked a lot like Daryl's.

I sighed. I'm never going to stop missing everyone. "Hey kid!" I heard Negan's voice echo through the store. I ran over to the source of the sound.

"Is this what your lookin' for?" He asked. I looked into the case. There is was. The python.

I grabbed a shot gun off a rack and broke the glass open with the butt of the gun. I reached in carefully avoiding the glass and grabbed the gun.

I stared at it for a second. "Holy shit.." I mumbled. I didn't really expect to find one. "Well is the fucker loaded?" Negan asked. I checker the chamber. It had the usual six rounds.

"Yup." I said as I closed the gun. "Go find a bag and put some more shells in it." Negan told me. I nodded and stuck the gun in my belt.

I ran trough the store until I saw a isle with duffel bags. I grabbed four of them. Two for me and two for Negan. I power walked back to him and handed him two bags.

"Nice work kid." He said. I nodded. "So what else are we going to get?" I asked.

"We should get a holster for the gun. But I have a lot of fuckin' holsters in the sanctuary." He said.

I nodded. "Okay. So no holster, what else?" I questioned. Negan thought for a second. "It wouldn't kill to have more food." He said. "Okay. Let's go find some then." I said.

Negan and I started walking to the canned food isle since nothing else was likely to be eatable anymore.

Once we got there we saw a lot of food. "I'm surprised no one came here when shit hit the fan." I said. Negan chuckled. "Me too, kid. Me too." We both started filling our bags with cans.

We started looking for water bottles. "Out of all the fucking shit we found, why the hell can't we find fuckin' water." Negan complained.

I nodded in agreement with his frustration. "Its pissing me off too." I said.

We kept walking. I heard something bang and next thing I know Negan was falling on top of me.

Lucille crashed to the floor and so did we. Negan's face was inches from mine.

We locked eyes and I instantly blushed. Negan said nothing and stood up holding a hand out for me to take. He helped me up. We both gave an awkward chuckle, I was for sure still blushing.

I glanced at Negan's face and saw a small tint on his face as well. At least I wasn't the only one.

"Um.. There's probably no water, we should head back." I said just as awkward and shy as the first time I spoke to him. Negan nodded.

"Yeah. Let's get going kid." He said. And with that we left.