(3)

NEGAN'S POV
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

I walked into my room to see the kid passed out on my couch. He was around the age of the kids I used to coach ping pong to, before all this.

I sighed to myself. That was also when Lucille was around. I wish I would have treated her better while I had the chance.

I leaned Lucille against my dresser and slipped my jacket and scarf off. I walked into my bathroom and turned the shower on. Once the heat was where I wanted it I took my cloths off and got in.

Once I was done showering I dried myself off and wrapped a towel around my waist. I walked to my dresser and pulled out a clean set of cloths. I put them on and sat down on my bed.

I didn't really have anything to do, and honestly I was pretty bored. Maybe I should go on a run? I thought to myself.

I didn't wanna take Dwight or Simon like I usually do. Maybe the kid wants to go? No, he just got back from being out there. I questioned and answered myself.

I groaned. I felt like a little kid whining about having nothing to do. "Fuck it." I mumbled. I got up and shook Carl's shoulder.

"Kid. Wake up." I said kinda loud. Carl flinched and almost punched me in the face. "What going on?" He asked franticly.

"Calm the fuck down, your fine. I'm just going on a run. You wanna come or not?" I asked. To my surprise, Carl nodded.

"Is anyone coming with us?" He asked. "No. I usually have a lot of people come but, no, not this time." I told him. "Okay, let's go." Carl said jumping up.

I led him outside and to one of the trucks. "Dwight!" I yelled to get his attention. To his own benefit he was on guard duty. He power walked from his post to me. "Y-yes sir.." He trailed off like a helpless animal.

"Me and Carl here are going on a run. Tell Simon to hold the fort down while I'm gone. And no one do anything stupid." I said sternly. Dwight nodded. "Y-yes sir." he mumbled and went back to his post.

Me and Carl got into the truck and headed out of the compound.

"I don't think we'll find anything, I looked everywhere around here and everything came up empty." Carl said matter-of-factly. "You only looked an the outskirts. That's where I had my people start looking and move in. That way we get all of the hard work and long driving out of the way before the easy stuff." I explained.

Carl nodded. "Makes sense." He said.

"So tell me more about yourself." I said making a right turn.

"Um, what do u wanna know?" Carl asked.

I shrugged. "What is there to know?." I asked.

"Um.. I've always sucked at sports. And I guest I'm good at aiming a gun." Carl said.

Typical teenager, no confidence at all what so-fuckin-ever.

"What's something you like to do?" I asked.

"I used to read comics a lot back at the prison." He told me.

"Super heros? Which ones?" I asked.

"Superman, Batman, Wolverine, mainly those where the ones we could find. I found one about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy that was pretty hot- I mean cool." He corrected himself nervously.

I laughed. "Oh god kid, your too fucking funny." I chuckled.

Carl looked embarresed. "Your fine." I told him and slapped his back lightly.

Carl cracked a small smile. "Sorry, I'm just not used to talking about that stuff, me and my dad never did.." He trailed off.

I felt sorry for the kid. "Was your dad in charge?" I asked. "Ya. That's probably why he never had time for me or Judy.." Carl said sadly. I sighed. "You wanna stop at a Walmart or just gas station?" I asked him.

Carl seemed happy for the change of subject. "We can to to a Walmart, there'll probably be guns and stuff as well as food." He said.

I nodded. "Most likely." I said turning the truck to the Walmart I was going to have my men clear sometime this week.

"Walmart it is." I said.