036 - A Quiet Goodbye

"The day you left me, an angel cried"

—————

It hurt to say the least. When he betrayed you, when he yelled and screamed at you, when you remembered the times when he would whisper how much he loved you into your ear as he made love to you.

You had become too attached, too familiar. You realized this as you rocked back and forth while your arms and nails had become red from scratching your arms too hard.

I think you always knew he would abandon you in the end. I mean, not everyone can have a happy ending, right? Anyways, i'm getting off track.

When you finally mustered up the strength to stand, you slowly walked over to the closet. You shifted some things around before gently knocking on one of the tiles. A month ago, you had taken a pregnancy test in secret. You wanted to give it to him on your wedding night but that clearly wasn't happening anymore.

There.

You ripped off the loose wooden tile and threw it aside. You pulled out a small wooden box from the ground and set it on the bed. You lifted the top off the box to check if the test was still there. It was still there, hidden underneath tissue paper.

"Oh thank god." You mumbled, closing the box before setting it on the bed. You got up from the bed and opened the closet again, grabbing a large duffle bag and a small carry on suitcase. You started filling the duffle bag with valuables and essentials. Then, you filled the suitcase with clothes for you and your mother.

"Is this really what you want, Master?" Yin appeared before you, sitting down. "I thought you were tired of running away."
You glared at the wolf for a moment before going back to folding clothes. "I think," You sighed, running a hand down your face. "I think I just need a break from all of this." Yin inclined their head before getting up and jumping on the bed. "Will your mother be accompanying us?" They asked, sitting on the suitcase so you could close it. "Only if she wants to," You said. "We're going back to Talon, Yin."

They moved off the suitcase and lied on the bed, curling up in a ball. "Hmm, and what about the others?" They mused. You lifted an eyebrow and Yin opened one eye before huffing. "The rest of your family here, (Y/N)."

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and zipped the suitcase up. You set the suitcase down on the floor and started rolling it towards the door. Yin remained on the bed.

You looked at them for a long moment before they lifted their head and stared at you. "Don't do this to them, (Y/N)." Yin said, watching as tears formed in your eyes but you blinked them away.

"If what Genji said was true, then I'm a danger to them all."

"You were only a danger if you stayed with him. But he left you, so I don't think you're a danger anymore Master."

You flinched unintentionally and stared at your hands. "If you truly think that you're a danger then if you were to go to Talon they would be in danger too." Yin said softly, standing up from their position on the bed and jumped off.

"Then where can I go?" You whispered. Yin sighed and walked over. "You could just live a normal life, I suppose. You could buy a house, maybe even start a family?" You nodded slowly and Yin disappeared, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

If Genji found out you were pregnant it would be a disaster but you knew that if you left, your child would never meet his father. You made your decision. You would not risk the life of your unborn child. You grabbed your things, left the bedroom and started to head back down towards the mess hall. When you entered, you saw your mother talking to Jesse. You walked over to them silently, avoiding everyone's worried gaze.