012- It's Quiet Uptown

"Then he woke up"
----------

"If I were to die today, what would you say to me?"

"I would tell you that I love you no matter what."

"You....love me?"

"More than anything in the whole world."

"Why would you love someone like me?"

"(Y/N). You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met."

You blushed like a cherry and you felt tears form in your eyes. You hid your face in your hands and sighed quietly. She rubbed your back and you could almost hear her smile.

"I'm glad we moved uptown." She said and you glanced at her enough to see the way her eyes crinkle when he smiled and how she could light up the darkest of rooms with her loud, genuine laughter.

Your father was lucky to marry a wonderful woman like her.

"It's quiet uptown." You agreed smiling behind your bony hands.

~<|>~

It was late morning when you woke up the next day. Daylight shown through the curtains of your windows, birds were chirping and morning dew stuck to your window.

Everyone was helicoptering you yesterday, making sure you ate well and you didn't hurt yourself. You kept trying to reassure everyone that you were fine but that only made them more concerned. At one point you even had to slap Mcree's hand out of your face because he was trying to feed you.

Though you'd hate to admit, you enjoyed knowing that they cared about you enough to pester you over little things. You were walking into the kitchen to make pancakes for yourself when you ran right into Genji.

"You're quite clumsy these days koneko," Genji teased catching you in his arms. You teasingly glared at him, steadied yourself, and walked away towards the kitchen.

"Oh, hush, Mr. Shimada," You cooed flirtatiously, smirking to yourself. You smiled triumphantly when you heard metallic footsteps following you. "Take a seat. I'll be making pancakes and I may or may not make a extra batch for you." You ordered squatting so you could grab the required materials to make the pancakes.

You heard the scrape of a chair, Genji sitting down and the drumming of fingers on wood. You got up off the floor and started to make breakfast.

"Did you just sit on sugar?" Genji asked behind you and you looked behind you with a confused expression.

"No why?"

"'Cause you have a pretty sweet a**,"

You felt yourself burn up as you flipped a pancake. You turned around and smirked to yourself. Genji had taken his mask off (it was resting on the table) and his head was resting on his hand.

"Oh, ho," You smirked while you made your way to Genji. "So pretty boy wants to play that game, huh? Well, are you Google? 'Cause you're just what I'm searching for."

He pulled you onto his lap and wrapped his arms around your back. You blushed madly as you put your arms around Genji's neck.

"You called me 'pretty'," Genji teased as he touched your nose with his own. He noticed that you kept your eyes on his metallic chest. He pulled your chin up and looked into your eyes. You didn't object when he brought his lips to yours.

Most girls wouldn't think it was romantic to kiss a boy while the smell of burnt pancakes filled the kitchen. But, to you? It was extremely romantic. Sure, it wasn't the most romantic thing you've ever done but, it was still nice though. Before you knew it the kiss got heated and you let out a small whimper on accident.

"Hey (Y/N), everything ok in 'ere?"

You and Genji broke the kiss and your head whipped over in the direction of Mcree's voice. Your face was completely red and you tripped on your words.

"Y-yes! J-Just making pancakes," You stuttered while Genji snuck a quick peck on your cheek. You noticed the way Mcree glared at Genji. "Burnt pancakes. That is."

"Don't anything stupid Genji." Mcree growled at Genji before leaving you both to yourselves.

"Do you think he's mad?" You asked Genji nervously, turning to him.

"Probably."
-----------
The rewritten version

I'm deciding on a schedule! I will switch off between chapters of Broken Honor and Past Kisses, Future Wishes. So whenever I post a chapter on this book, the next chapter will be for Past Kisses, Future Wishes. I hope it makes sense.