Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five
Beatrice Prior

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of something outside the car. I sit up and look around. My dad was walking in the other direction, away from camp. I kiss Tobias's cheek and get out of the car.

"Dad. Where are you going?" I ask as I jog to catch up with him.

"Just going for a walk." He said with a shrug as he stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"Dad...we'll get her back, Mom is strong, she'll find a way to get back to us." I say as I stop walking and look at him.

I offer a reassuring smile and hug him tightly.

"Get some sleep Dad. Tomorrow is going to be a long day." I say as I tuck my long blonde hair behind my ears.

"Indeed it will be." He says as he kisses my forehead and smiles.

I smile back and turn, walking back to the car. I climb back into the car and smile at Tobias. I slowly climb on top of him, so that I won't alert him. He shifts slightly and then opens his eyes.

"Well hello there." He whispered as wrapped his strong arms around my waist.

"Hello there." I reply as I giggle and kiss his nose.

I fall asleep with my head on Tobias's chest and I had never slept better. I wake up in the morning to the sound of a car door closing. I sit up and see Marcus getting out of one of the cars. My eyes widen and I shake Tobias.

"Tobias! Wake up! Please! We have to go! Marcus! He's here!" I shout quietly as I shake him awake.

Tobias jolts awake, but it's to late. Before I can even climb to the front seat, Marcus and his troops had opened the back to the car and had their guns pointed at us. I wrap my arms protectively around Tobias. A guard easily grabs my ankle and throws me to the side. I hit my head on the dirt covered ground. My vision is fuzzy. I see struggling, I hear screaming. I then see my mother running toward me.

"Mom?" I asked confused.

The troops have finally restrained Tobias, and my vision is back to normal. I get on my feet.

"Tobias!" I yell as I run toward the guards that are dragging him away.

I feel a pair of arms restrain me. My father's arms.

"Tobias!" I yell as I struggle against my father.

"Tris!" Tobias yells as he's shoved into the back of a vehicle.

"Always nice doing business with you Andrew." Marcus states plainly as he gets into the passenger side of the vehicle.

"Tris!" Tobias screams again, I hear him pounding his fists against the door.

By the time I break free from my father, pull out my gun in attempt to shoot the tires, they were gone. Tobias was gone. It takes me a moment to recall all the events that had just taken place. I slowly turn and see my mother and father embracing. I pulled the bullets out of my gun and start walking over. My mother has moved to embracing my brother. I shove my father against the car and hold the gun to his head.

"You gave him up! You did this!" I scream.

"Beatrice, calm-" He starts.

"Shut up! You don't tell what to do! You are a coward!" I shout as I press harder against the tip of the gun.

"Beatrice, I am your father." He says.

"You are nothing to me." I say as I pull the trigger, the loud click makes my father jump.

My father breaths heavily. I lower the gun.

"I am not a coward." I state plainly as I turn on my heel. I open the car door and grab a backpack, slamming the door.

I start walking away from the cars, but stop after a few feet, everyone had witnessed me almost killing my father. My mother walks toward me.

"Beatrice. Your father made a mistake, we will do everything in our power to get Tobias back." She says.

"I don't want his help. I don't have a father anymore." I say as I hold back my tears.
"I can use all the help I can get. So if your coming...follow me." I say to the people who had helped Tobias escape.

I turn around and start walking, not knowing if anyone was going to follow me, but all I knew was that I was going to get Tobias back...and put a bullet in Marcus's head.