Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
Tris Prior

We had reached the gates of the city by nine in the morning. Tobias was still in shock from his mother being killed right in front of him.

" hey, it's going to be okay... " I said to him as I reached for his hand and he took it gracefully.

" we should stop soon and rest and find something to eat... " he says in a hoarse voice.

I nodded in agreement and after another thirty minutes of driving I pulled over on the side of the road. I looked over at Tobias and smiled. He smiled back, leaning in and kissing me. We pull away for a couple moments and then kiss again this time more roughly. Tobias undoes my seatbelt and pulls me into his lap and kisses me deeply. He finds the lever and leans the chair completely back so that I am now straddling him.

-Later-

I lay naked on top of Tobias. My chin resting on his chest as he looks down at me as he strokes my hair. He knows everything about my body...I can tell by the way he caresses me and touches me. He knows my every scar and every tattoo that has ever marked by body. And I know his. I let my fingers glide to the scars he has on his shoulders from countless years of beating by his father.

" We should get going...stay ahead. " Tobias says as he pulls the lever and the seat comes back up.

I nod in agreement and reach down handing him his pants. He smiles and hands me my shirt. We continue to exchange our clothing back and forth until we are completely dressed. Tobias insists that he should drive because I had drove all night and I needed some sleep. I gladly agree and press my head to the cool window and let my eyes close.

The Dream

I know i'm dreaming because as I sit in the small room, I see my mother, my father, Tori, Will, Al, Edward, and even Jeanine Matthews. I look at each and every one of them studying their faces wondering why I have started dreaming of them.

" Hello Beatrice. " I hear my mother's voice say.

" Mom...what is this about...why are you all here? " I ask as I continue to look around confused to why i'm here.

" During our time that we got to spend on Earth...we left with many things to do...rebellion wise. " Tori's cunning voice answer.

" Tris. We want you to help us complete the things we couldn't complete...we want you to carry on the rebellion. " My Father's voice finally says.

" Marcus Eaton...evil...brutal...dangerous...he must be killed. " I hear Jeanine's eel like voice reply.

These people. My lost loved ones. People who I have hated. People who I barely knew. They want me to carry on with their dirty work. I had enough work as it is. I have to make sure Tobias will be alright...I have to take care of myself and make sure I don't die again...and I have stay away from danger. But no matter what I could say...this decision was final.

" Tris! " I hear a voice yell at me.

It's not from where I am now...somewhere more distant.

" We will meet again soon Beatrice... " My mother says and then disappears.

I am pulled back into reality with Tobias repeating my name over and over again.

" Tris...honey...your shaking... " Tobias says worried as he strokes my arm as we drive to who knows where.

" Yeah...just a bad dream. " I say as I raise an eyebrow and then let my head rest against the window once more...and I close my eyes.