Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty
Caleb Prior

I sat on top of the building, looking at the sky as the sun rose in the east. I remembered being a toddler and going on morning walks with Mom, Dad, and Beatrice, as we all watched the sun rise. Sadly two of those three people are dead, it used to be three out of three. I see guards surrounding the entrance to the Bureau, my guess was to make sure that Marcus and his men don't get into the vicinity. Suddenly the guards had their guns pointed at a jeep that was approaching. I climb down from the roof and catch up with Beatrice and Tobias as a crowd starts to develop around the gates. The jeep stops and the door opens. One person gets out.

"Dad?" Beatrice whispers as her voice starts to break.

"Beatrice...Caleb..." He manages to say before he bursts into tears.

  Beatrice wraps her arms around him tightly.

"Dad, your alive...your here...your alive..." She whispered as she sobbed into his clothed shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere." He replied as he pulled me into the hug and I gladly embraced my broken family.

-
Tobias Eaton

  There was a list;
Andrew Prior
Eric
Will

  This was the list of all the deceased that had returned, only three so far. Well, three that we know of. There could be ten for all we know. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of footsteps. It's Andrew.

"I hope that you've been taking care of my daughter." He said as he leaned against the wall next to the board.

"We've had our ups and downs, but for now she is safe." I reply as I look at Andrew.

  He knows that I let Tris die, I can tell by the way he looks at me that he is disappointed with Tris's choice by staying with me. If it were up to me, I would have gone into that Weapon's Lab and died, I would have gladly died for Tris. Andrew sighs and then continues his walk down the hallway. I walk back to my room and see Tris and Christina talking. Christina is smiling.

"What's going on here?" I ask as I enter the room.

"Christina's pregnant." Tris says as she smiles and hugs Christina tightly.

"That's amazing, congratulations." I say as I give her an awkward hug.

  Christina and I haven't always been the closest of friends, sometimes I think that the only reason that I'm 'friends' with her is because Tris is best friends with her, but of course I was still happy that Christina was pregnant, that she was going to get to start a family with someone that she loved, maybe Tris and I were going to do that one day.

-
Beatrice Prior

  Christina had told Will about her pregnancy soon after she had told me. He had picked her up and spun her in circles. I smiled and shut my door. I turned toward Tobias and smiled. He gave me a slight smile back.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I take a step closer to him.

"I don't think your dad likes me." Tobias says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

"Because I let you die Tris! I let you walk into that weapon's lab, I let you get shot! I let you die! My last words to you before you died were 'I love you, I'll see you soon'. That was a lie! I didn't see you until two years later, when we finally found a way to revive you! I let you die Tris...I let you die..." He yelled.

  I wrap my arms tightly around him and kissed his forehead. He was sobbing at this point. He kept repeating 'I let you die' over and over again. I kept wishing there was a better way that I could soothe him other than holding him in my arms.