Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen
Beatrice Prior

It has been exactly twenty-four hours since I last saw Tobias Eaton. I hadn't moved since I had fallen yesterday. Caleb would come into my room every now and then to check up on me. There were so many thoughts running through my mind;

' What if they kill Tobias? '

' What if they give him the memory serum? '

' What if they give him the simulation serum? '

I eventually get up and leave my dreary room. I walk to a small room. I don't even know how it's still there? The Fear Landscape that was installed in the building. I inject myself with the serum and lay on the ground. The last thing I see is a grainy image of Tobias and I the first time he showed me his fear landscape.

I jerk up and I'm in the middle of a field.
Crows. Crows were still in my fear landscape. As was being burned alive, drowning, and being out of control. My fears of intimacy and killing my family are no longer in the landscape, but a new fear has developed. I am strapped down to a chair and sitting across from me is Tobias.

" Tobias... " I manage to say before I see Marcus place the end of a gun to his forehead and fire.

I jerk up and tremble where I sit. I didn't realized I screamed until Caleb came running in.

" Beatrice...Beatrice...it's okay...it's okay... " Caleb soothed as he slowly and carefully wrapped his arms around me.

I am tempted to pull away from him, but his warmth is something I can't get from any other person other than my brother.

Later after Caleb somehow manages to calm me down, I walk back to my room and lay down. Maybe if I go to sleep another dream will come and then they can explain why Tobias had to be taken and if he was. going to come back. I had done what my father told me to do. To enter the code and delete the file.

The Fourth Dream

I wake up in the familiar white room. My mother sits across from me in a white chair. If I had to guess what an angel looks like she would be what I thought of.

" Mom...why is this happening? " I ask.

She looks up at me for a moment, but then looks back down at her fair skinned hands.

" Mom! Answer me please! " I begged as I could feel my hot tears starting to stream down my face.

" This is part of your sacrifice Beatrice. You sometimes have to sacrifice the ones you love... " She says.

Her words make my face feel hot. I want to explode. So I do.

" I have already sacrificed too many people that I love! I've lost Will, Al, Uriah, Lynn, Marlene, Dad, You, and now you want me to sacrifice the only person I trust anymore, the only person that I truly love that is still alive? " I ask as hot tears spill from my eyes.

I can feel my fists clenching and unclenching as I wait for my mother's reply.

" Beatrice. You have to trust us. We are doing this for a good cause. You will see that soon. " She says.

I am about to open my mouth again, but she disappears and I awaken.

-

I creep quietly down the hallways of the Bureau. I quickly unlock the steel door that leads to the armory room. I take two hand guns and place one in my waistband and the other in my boot. I take a larger gun and sling it around my body and then take a knife and secure it in my belt. I then walk to the serum's lab. I take two of each serum. I however dip some of my bullets into the death serum so even if my initial shot isn't fatal, I'll kill them off. I walk toward the exit and get into an armored car and start driving toward the fence. The last place Tobias was seen.