Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One
Beatrice Prior

  As I open my eyes, I can see the sunlight peeking through the shutters in the room Tobias and I share. I sit up slowly, being careful not to wake Tobias up. He needed sleep, he was going through so much right now, but weren't we all? Our dead loved ones were returning, well some, I don't think I can say that I love Eric. I make my way into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I just stand there in the shower and let the steaming water run down my back. I sigh loudly when I realize I have to get out.
  As I made my way toward the main part of the building, I can see that people are gathering outside. I walk outside and see the man in the flesh. Marcus Eaton. I quickly find Christina.

"Make sure you keep Tobias away from here." I whisper.

  Christina nods and runs back inside. I walk to the front of the crowd and stand in front of Marcus.

"Well, well, well, Beatrice Prior." Marcus says.

  The next thing I know my fist connects with his jaw. His guards take a few steps forward, but he waves them off. There is a bit of blood coming from the corner of his lip.

"That's for everything you've done to Tobias, your lucky I don't have a gun." I hiss as I quickly turn on my heel and start walking.

"I have your mother Ms. Prior." Marcus says.

  Out of the corner of my eye I can see my father walk into the clearing. Marcus had my mother.

"Oh, do I have your attention now? All I ask for in return is my son." Marcus says.

"No way in hell am I going to give you Tobias." I reply as I clench and unclench my fists.

"Hmm, looks like I will have to make a better deal. You all must have a loved one that you've lost, a parent, a sibling, a friend, or maybe a lover, I will return all of them, once again all I ask for in return is my son, Tobias Eaton. In addition, you will never be bothered by me nor any of my men again." Marcus speaks to the crowd of people surrounded around us.

  I quickly run into the building and rush back up to my room. I see Christina attempting to stall Tobias.

"We have to leave. Marcus, he just made a offer, to return all the deceased, but in return he wants you. I'm not going to let him touch you." I say to Tobias as I touch his strong hands.
"Christina, gather up some people who are willing to help us escape." I add as I turn to find a bag.

"Tris..." Tobias mumbles.

"Tobias, pack your things, I'm going to go to the armory and get some weapons." I say as I grab a large bag and rush to the armory.

  I grab a gun for myself, place an extra in my waistband, and then I place a knife in my boot. I open the bag and fill it with guns, big and small, knives, and bullet proof vests. I rush back to the room and place the bag down. I then grab a backpack and make my way to the kitchen, I pack a large amount of various foods and drinks. Canned fruits, granola, water, fruit juice, vegetables, and even candy. I run that bag back to the room and see the group Christina managed to assemble. Will, Caleb, Dad, Eric, and a couple people I didn't recognize.

"Everybody go back to your living quarters and strip the blankets and take the pillows and stuff them in bags, grab extra clothes if you need some, we need to leave soon, very soon." I instruct as I start to strip my own bed of it's blanket and pillow.

  Soon our small group is ready to leave. We pack the numerous bags into two of the jeeps, I got into the driver's seat of one and Will got into the other one. In my jeep, there was Tobias, Dad, and Caleb, and in the other was Will, Christina, and the people I didn't recognize. When we started driving I didn't look back.
-
Tobias Eaton

  Everything was happening so fast, I remember Tris bursting into the room and telling me that we needed to leave, I remember when I heard my father's name mentioned I blanked out, maybe that was because I didn't want to hear anything concerning my father other than he's dead. Unfortunately that was not the case. I could see the stars starting to come out. Caleb and Andrew were in the back of the jeep sleeping and Tris continued to drive. She and Will were communicating through the radio that was in the car.

"Tobias. You should get some sleep." Tris suggests.

"I don't want you to be lonely." I reply as I look at her and smile.

  Sometimes I forget how beautiful Tris is. I forget to look for the more gentler parts of her. She turns and looks at me for a brief moment and smiles.
-
Beatrice Prior

  I see the lines of his tattoo peeking through his collar. This makes me smile. This makes me think of the first time I saw his tattoo of all the factions. They were beautiful, they were strong, he was strong, he still is strong, they represented a way to cover all the years of abuse from his father, they still represent that, it showed that he was brave, selfless, kind, honest, and intelligent, and to this day...it still shows that.