Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
Beatrice Prior

I drive to the end of the line. Toward the fence. I abandon the vehicle and made sure I didn't leave any obvious tracks. I climb up one of the trees that surrounds me and that's when I see it. There are tents and one steel building. That was where I was going to find Tobias.

I make sure i'm careful when I enter the camp. I am wearing a disguise where my face is covered so I will blend in with all the other helmeted people. I make my way toward the largest tent, which is where Marcus is staying I supposed. I glance inside and see Marcus sitting at a wooden table listening to what the guard is saying.

" I don't think the simulation serum is working as well as we expected sir. He has come back now three times. " The guard informed Marcus.

" Then give him a stronger dose. As much as you can until he doesn't come back out of the serum. " Marcus replied as he waved his hand to dismiss the guard.

I stand close, but not close enough that they will know that I was snooping. As the guard exits the tent I follow him. He walks into a room and I peek in. I see thousands of cases that hold the serums, well all but the Resurgence Serum. The guard works quickly. He has three needles full of the Simulation Serum. He starts walking toward the steel building and I follow carefully behind. Once i'm inside the building I see that it is two stories tall and is lined with cells. I hear strangled and tortured screams as I follow the guard. I worry about what they have done to Tobias. The guard swipes his card and the very last cell opens. I follow him inside and I see Tobias. He's alive. There is a slim pole built in across the middle of the cell and his arms are wrapped around it and then cuffed. Seeing him like this makes me want to sob. I pull out the death serum and quickly jab the guard from behind and then cover his mouth until he is dead.

" Tobias... " I say as I kneel down in front of him.

" Just kill me quickly...tell Tris that I love her... " He mutters.

I take my helmet off and cup his face with my small hand carefully.

" Tobias...i'm here... " I soothe as I kiss every single inch of his face.

" Just relax...i'm going to get you out of here... " I add.

I stand up and check the body of the guard and find a ring of keys. Eventually I find the one that unlocks Tobias's cuffs. He falls to the floor groaning in agony.

" Baby...i'm sorry... " I say.

" Tris...you shouldn't have come...it's too dangerous to get out of this place. There's no way out when you have me...they'll notice. " Tobias says to me as I search the guard's body once again and I find the card key that unlocks the cells.

" I'll be right back...I promise... " I say as I kiss his lips tenderly and place my helmet back on.

I walk out and swipe the card key. The screen asks if I want to open one cell or all of them. I press the button that says ' All ' Soon enough there was a stampede of hostages and prisoners running throughout the building. I run back to Tobias and help him off the ground. I place a gun in his hand and pull mine out as well. The other guards are occupied with the other prisoners which made the escape much easier. I helped Tobias into the backseat of the jeep and I get into the driver's seat. I start the engine and speed out of the gates.

-
Tobias Eaton

As Tris drives the getaway jeep I glance around. My whole body is stiff from not moving in almost fourty-eight hours. I'm starving and my throat is parched. If Tris hadn't saved me...I probably wouldn't have made it much longer. I was relieved that the Simulation Serum was unsuccessful on me, Marcus probably has the original...the one that doesn't work on me. Before I can even fall asleep we are back at the Bureau. I hear Tris calling for help and then I hear footsteps coming toward her. I feel myself being lifted out of the car and the next thing I know i'm in a bed. Tris is laying beside me. I painfully lift my arm and wrap it around her.

" I love you Tris...thank you for saving me... " I whisper as I kissed her head.

" I can't live without you Tobias...I love you more than life itself... " She says.

I smile and fall back into a deep slumber.