Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four
Tobias Eaton

I wake up and see Tris's head still on my chest. The fire that we lit last night has extinguished. Eric and Caleb are still sleeping, but I see that Will is making something for breakfast. I carefully remove Tris's head and take off my shirt, placing under her head as a pillow. I kissed her forehead and walked over to Will.

"Good morning Four." Will greeted looking up for a moment only.

"Morning." I reply as I look at what he's cooking.
"I never actually said it, but congratulations on Christina's pregnancy. I think Tris and I are going to try after all of this is over." I add in.

"That would probably be a good idea...thanks. I didn't mean to get Christina pregnant, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm so happy, but I wish we waited until this is all over, we were just caught up in our reunion and I didn't think twice." Will replies and gives me a gentle, but firm pat on the back.

I am about to open my mouth when I see Christina come out of one of the cars.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt Four?" Christina asked as she stumbled sleepily toward us and sat beside Will.

"I gave it to Tris to use as a pillow." I reply as I gesture toward Tris who is still sleeping on the ground.

Christina gave me a sleepy nod and leaned her head against Will's shoulder. Will smiled and pecked her forehead gently before going back to making breakfast.
-
Later on everyone had woken up, Tris being the last one to wake up. She had given me back my shirt and kissed my cheek to say 'good morning'. Everyone silently ate their breakfast until Caleb spoke;

"So, now what do we do?" He asked as he looked around at all of us.

That was a good question, what do we do now? We've escaped the Bureau and Marcus, well at least for now, were we just going to sit in the middle of nowhere and wait for something to happen? I wasn't very keen on the idea of sticking around to see if something would happen. I could still occasionally feel Andrew's eyes burning in the back of my head as he glared at me.

"I guess we wait here for a little longer and then keep driving." Tris suggested as she shrugged.

Everybody shrugged and nodded in agreement, and so that's what we did. We sat around the extinguished fire for a couple more hours, packed up all the supplies, and got back into the cars and drove off. We stopped after three hours of driving. We unpacked the supplies and everyone fell asleep quickly that night.
~
Andrew walked, he felt like he had been walking for hours. He was about to give up hope when he saw the lights of Marcus Eaton's headquarters. He walked slowly toward the gates.

"Marcus! It's Andrew Prior, I come alone and unarmed." Andrew shouted as he walked forward with his hands in the air showing that he was unarmed.

Guards approached Andrew and inspected him, making sure there were absolutely no weapons on him whatsoever. Once they were sure they lead him inside the headquarters. There was a large grey tent that stood in the middle of the fenced in area. The guards lead Andrew into the tent and sat him down.

"Andrew Prior. To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?" Marcus asked as he grinned at Andrew.

"I'd like to make a deal with you." Andrew replied.

Marcus's face hardened with a serious expression.

"I'm listening." Marcus said.

"I can lead you to your son, without any trouble whatsoever, he's no good for my daughter anyway. However, in exchange, I'd like you to deliver Natalie to me, unharmed, then you will let myself and my family leave and you will never have to deal with us again. Do we have a deal?" Andrew asked as he held his hand out to Marcus across the table.

"Indeed we do." Marcus answered as he reached across the table and shook Andrew's hand.

The deal was struck, there was no backing out. Even if it meant losing his daughter's happiness and trust at least she would be safe. Andrew was given a ride a mile away from the camp, so that he would be unseen and people wouldn't be suspicious. Marcus was coming in the morning. Andrew looked at his daughter, her head laying on Tobias's as she slept. These were some of the last moments that she would be happy.