Chapter 70 - Misunderstandings

"So I walk in, and there's Rose on the kitchen counter naked, and Belikov is there standing between her legs, about to get take his jeans off and..."

"And what Christian?" Rose asked smiling sweetly, dumping her full lunch tray on the table opposite him, looking around where the rest of the group at least had the good grace to look embarrassed. "And I wasn't naked - I still had my panties on," she said with a wink sitting down next to Lissa, Vika coming to sit on her other side.

Suitably chastised, Christian quickly turned to Eddie starting another conversation. Lissa, however, was looking at Rose curiously. Rose met her gaze, but whatever it was, Lissa wasn't keen to spit it out. So she raised her eyebrows and tried through the bond - giggling when she realized Lissa was wondering just how often she and Dimitri were intimate.

"Almost every night before bed, almost every morning before we start the day, and usually at least once during the night," Rose told her with a wicked smile, laughing a little at Lissa's surprise. Thanks to an unfortunate side effect of the bond, she didn't have to ask how often Lissa and Christian did it.

Vika shuddered. "Oh please don't let that be what I think you're talking about. He's my brother remember?!"

"True - but he's my husband now," Rose giggled.

"Yes I am," a gorgeous voice said behind her.

Looking around, Rose saw her Russian God standing behind them, delicious in his black and white Guardian uniform. She gave him a huge grin, wondering just how much he had heard. Smoke wasn't coming out of his ears, so probably not too much.

"Good afternoon Princess," Dimitri said formally, doing handover with Matthews who'd been guarding for the first part of lunch break. Taking up an at ease position, Rose could feel Dimitri's presence a few feet behind her. Closing her eyes for a minute Rose sighed, smiling as she remembered the feel of his lips on her neck last night, and again this morning. While they'd not got back around to the kitchen countertop, they had christened the bed several times.

"So how did things go with your parents last night?" Lissa asked.

"I'm not sure. I messaged Mom this morning, but I've not heard back. I'll message Baba in a minute and see what he says."

Rose turned to her sister-in-law. "Hey, Vika – Dimitri's doing general guarding duties until twelve, and I need to move my stuff from my old dorm room to guest quarters. There's not a lot – you free to give me a hand and then we can watch Gilmore Girls?"

Rose felt bad. Between moving into guest quarters, the stuff with her parents, and then last night's dinner with Lissa and Christian, she'd not spent a huge amount of time with Vika outside of class and training. It's lucky Vika and Eddie were pretty much joined at the hip, otherwise, as a new student, she'd have been feeling seriously lonely. Rose figured since she was at a loose end, and she knew Eddie had basketball practice Thursday evenings, it was a good time to catch up.

"Sounds great," Vika said with a smile. "Let's train, have dinner and then go move your stuff."

"Are you still training every afternoon?" Lissa asked Rose a little irritably. She didn't want to say anything, but Rose knew she felt a little put out Rose had not included her in the evening's invitation.

"Yeah. With the trials and graduation coming up, Dimitri's training Vika, Eddie and me for two hours every morning and afternoon."

"Four hours training in addition to your combat classes? That's crazy!" Lissa said, looking at the Dhampirs at the table as though they'd grown second heads.