Chapter 11 - A Couple In Love

Rose all but skipped her way across to her dorm room to pack while Dimitri made the necessary calls to Russia. He'd warned her February, March, and April in Siberia would be below freezing, so she'd need to pack her very warmest things – particularly boots, jackets, gloves, and scarves. Surveying her wardrobe with dissatisfaction, Rose realized she'd probably end up wearing the same ugly winter jacket every day. Pulling her suitcase from the top of her closet, she packed her thermal underwear, her warmest jeans and pants, long sleeved tops, jackets, scarves, beanies and even a pair of ear muffs. Finishing up with her long sleeved training gear, some boots and some toiletries her suitcase was all but filled.

Looking at what she was leaving behind she quickly threw a selection of sexy underwear on top. Maybe she'd wear it underneath her thermals she thought wryly. She also grabbed a couple of photos of her and Lissa as well as a group shot with Mason, Eddie, Christian, Lissa and herself. She was still really pissed with Lissa, but she was her best friend. Quickly tidying up her room, Rose left the suitcase on her bed ready to be collected later.

Walking back to her mother's suite at the guest quarters, she let herself in to find Janine tapping away on her laptop.

"Ok. There are no direct flights, of course, so you'll need to stop in either Munich, Amsterdam, Warsaw or Frankfurt."

Dimitri walked out of her room. "Munich or Frankfurt would be best. We'll need to shop for warmer clothes for you, Rose, and Germany is a lot cheaper than Russia."

Janine went back to tapping. "How about Missoula to Chicago continuing directly to Munich? Then a ten-hour stopover before flying out to Moscow then Novosibirsk?"

"That would work," Dimitri said, looking over Janine's shoulder at the itinerary. "We'd leave Missoula twelve hours from now and be arriving in Novosibirsk late Thursday night, so we could recuperate at my family's house in Baia for the weekend and start at St. Basil's on Monday?" he asked Rose.

"Are you sure they wouldn't mind? I don't want to be a bother to anyone."

"Mind? Mama would be ecstatic! She's never happier than when the house is filled with family and friends, and it's been a long time since I've been home. Actually, I should call her now to let her know I'm coming." He had a grin the size of the Empire State building. "Janine? Book those flights – use this credit card number," Dimitri said, handing her a piece of paper with the relevant information written on it.

"No Dimitri. She's my daughter; I'll pay for her ticket."

"Up to you, Janine, but St. Basil's are happy to pay for return tickets for both of us. Why not give her the flight money for spending instead? She's going to need to buy a lot of warmer clothing."

Janine looked suspicious. "Why would St. Basil's pay for her ticket as well as yours? Who's she to them?"

"They're happy to pay because I drive a hard bargain," Dimitri smiled. "They've wanted me back there for quite some time. I just told them I have a Novice I'm mentoring over here who would benefit from the extended combat training opportunities at St. Basil's. I told them if they paid for our trips there and back I'd accept a two-month posting coaching their final year combat students. As I expected, they jumped at the chance."

Janine gave Dimitri a rare smile. "Spending money it is then," she said, tapping the credit card details into her laptop and booking their flights. Rose was trying to stop herself grinning like an idiot. She was beyond excited to be going to Russia, and she was beside herself that Dimitri would be going with her.

Dimitri stepped back into her room, calling his family. Sitting on the sofa, Rose watched his huge smile as he excitedly spoke in Russian for ten or fifteen minutes. Laughing and shaking his head he walked out of the room saying in English "Hang on I'll pass you over to Rose." Looking to her, he said "It's my oldest sister Karolina. I made the mistake of telling her we'd be shopping for clothes for you in Munich, so she wants to talk to you."