Chapter 54 - Such a Perfect Day

Giggling with her arms wrapped around Dimitri's neck, Rose was blown away when he stepped into their room. Or should she say their suite? Overlooking verdant trees bordering Lenin Square park opposite, with some huge building also visible, there was a comfy sofa running perpendicular to the almost full-length windows with an elegant coffee table in front of it. The perfect place to sit and people watch the busy street below.

In the middle of the room against the side wall was an enormous bed – bigger than any bed Rose had ever seen. Made up in crisp white linens, Rose looked at it covetously. She vowed that one day she and Dimitri would have a place with a bed as big as that.

"Comrade – this is beautiful, but you've already spent way too much... You know I don't expect anything like this. I just want to be with you," Rose said, looking at her Russian God tenderly.

"Shhh, milaya. Please don't worry. You forget that for the last three years I've been paid in American dollars. The exchange rate has been very kind," Dimitri explained with a wink. He carried her over and sat her on the edge of the bed before sitting down beside her. The two of them lay back, their legs hanging over the end of the bed. Looking up at the ceiling, lying side by side, they held hands.

"This has already been the perfect day," Rose said sighing.

"It has, hasn't it?" Dimitri grinned, turning to look at Rose. "I never thought I could be this happy. You don't mind it being just you and I? I thought you'd want to share such a special day with your family and friends?"

"No. This is exactly as I want it. Just you and me," Rose said, looking into Dimitri's deep chocolate eyes. "So do you have something planned for this evening, or are we staying in to celebrate?" she asked him coyly.

"We're free until 6.30 pm, and then we need to leave for tonight's entertainments."

"And you're not going to tell me what these entertainments are?"

"Nope. But you'll be wearing the dress you have on now, so you won't want to crease it," Dimitri said, standing up and offering Rose his hand to pull her back to standing. When she was upright, Dimitri pulled her hard against him and into a blisteringly hot kiss, slowly lowering the zipper at the back of her dress. He let it slowly fall down over Rose's hips and onto the floor then picked it up as she stepped out of it. Draping it over a chair, Dimitri looked at Rose, eyes wide with appreciation, as he took in the pretty white lacy bra and panties she was wearing.

"Oh, milaya..."

"You like Comrade?"

"I more than like," Dimitri groaned, draping his jacket on top of her dress and stripping until he was standing just in boxers. "Come to bed with me Roza?"

"I thought you'd never ask," she giggled.

"Come on gorgeous. It's 5.45. I thought you might want a shower before we get ready to go out?"

Dimitri was lying in bed beside Rose. He'd been watching her sleep for the last half hour. Peaceful in repose, he'd been reflecting more on their rocky path to love. From the time he'd spent denying to himself that he wanted and then loved her, then the time he'd spent denying the same things to her. The time he'd actually considered accepting Tasha's offer just to remove himself from the vulnerable reality of loving Rose - and then his realization he was already in way too deep, and that Rose had already claimed his heart for her own.