Chapter 52 - Happy Birthday

"Happy birthday milaya," Dimitri whispered, rolling over and pulling Rose firmly towards him, possessively running his hands across her naked body.

"Morning Comrade," Rose smiled, keeping her eyes closed. "What time is it?"

"7.30," Dimitri replied, starting to kiss Rose's hair, the side of her face and the spot behind her ear that drove her crazy. "Did you want to go down to breakfast now, or would you rather find something to do until 8 and go down after most of the students are in class?"

"Hmm – that would depend on what you have in mind for that half an hour," Rose laughed, opening her eyes to give Dimitri a sexy look.

"Whatever you want, it's your birthday..."

"Then I want you to make love to me," Rose said, pulling Dimitri on top of her and moaning as he nipped at her neck.

"I'd love to," he whispered into her ear, leaning his weight on one elbow and dedicating his lips to kissing her. "I'm going to take my time – it's a very special day, and I want us to really savor this."

True to his word, Dimitri took it slow, rolling Rose on to her stomach and giving her a sensual massage. Starting with her feet and calves, he moved his way up to the back of her thighs, her bottom, lower back, spine and up to her shoulders and neck. As Dimitri's calloused hands rubbed Rose's soft, smooth skin, he talked to her. As he was rubbing her feet, he told her all about the week he'd watched her and Lissa before their recovery in Portland.

"I remember thinking how spirited you were. How beautiful. You usually wore your hair up, but one day at the bookshop you left it out. I think I might have started to love you then," Dimitri laughed. "I can distinctly remember a moment when I wondered what it would feel like to run my fingers through your hair," he admitted guiltily.

"And did it live up to expectations?" Rose teased.

"Better. Everything I've imagined, the reality has always been so much better."

Moving on to rub her calves he continued. He told her about his thoughts in Kirova's office when he brought them back in, why he agreed to mentor her, and their first training sessions together.

"It took me a little while to get used to talking to someone again. After losing Ivan, I stopped pretty much all conversation that wasn't work related. But one day, one of the many days you were late to morning practice, I realized I was hoping you'd show up. I enjoyed your company, and found myself looking forward to it."

Running his hands up to the back of her thighs Dimitri was using his thumbs to work on her tight muscles there. "Of course, even knowing I enjoyed your company didn't prepare me for the first time I thought about you that way. We were in the gym sparring, and I pinned you. You were on your back, and I was on top of you, and all I could think about is how much I wanted to lean down and kiss you."

"But you didn't."

"No milaya, I didn't. But God I wanted to!"

Moving up to her butt, Dimitri's hands continued their incredible work.

"So can you remember the first time you imagined being with me?" Rose asked him curiously. His hands were kneading her butt, but occasionally slipping closer to her inner thighs and slit.

"Uh huh," he confirmed. "I'd done a night shift and then a morning training session with you. I was dead on my feet – too tired to even change into pajamas, so I stripped off and climbed naked into my bed. I dreamed you were in bed with me. That you were on your back and I was inside you. It was so realistic I could almost feel you running your hands over me. I woke up rock hard and desperate for you."