Beyond the Veil [available]

TITLE: Beyond the Veil•

TIMELINE: 1970s

OC NAME: Jacques Travers

FACECLAIM: Santiago Segura

LOVE INTEREST: Barty Crouch Jr

STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:
"Bartemius! Not trying to lure Potter into one of the Ministry's summer internships, are we? The last boy who went into the Department of Mysteries never came out!"

- Bartemius Crouch Jr (impersonating Alastor Moody), 1994

OR

Klaus Travers wasn't ever heard of again ever since falling into the veil at the Department of Mysteries. What no one knows is that it wasn't an accident.

NOTES: Jacques was a very ambitious student, I'd like him to be in Slytherin but you can have him in any house you want. He is a friend of Barty Crouch Jr's, unaware of his secret allegiance to the Dark Lord. However, he's quite into the Dark Arts and they bond over that.

He develops the desire to create a horcrux because of his strong fear of death. However, he's not willing to kill an actual person so he finds a loophole. He is able to create one after killing a Bowtruckle. It's a sentient creature therefore it does count as murder.

Barty finds out and shares this information with Voldemort. He feels quite threatened by the prospect of another horcrux-holder. It's one of the reasons he recruited a Hogwarts student, to keep an eye on potential recruits or threats.

Barty knows very much about the Ministry of Magic, thanks to his father. He knows about the veil that plays a barrier between life and death. He knows that it is immune to immortality, causing instant death to any passerby.

During the summer break before his final year at Hogwarts, he decides to do an internship at the Department of Mysteries along with Jacques. He only has to figure a way out to lure him to the veil.

However, upon spending more time with him, he begins questioning his motives. As he begins developing feelings for him, for the first time, he doubts whether joining the Death Eaters was a really good decision. Will it all be really worth it?

I can see this story going a lot of ways so you can have it end however you like.

PLOT BY: nushiewrites
If you need any help or would like to make any changes, feel free to message me.