Firecrackers [available]

TITLE: Firecrackers

TIMELINE: Golden Trio Era and few years before it.

OC NAME: Alaric Richmond •

FACE CLAIM: Troye Sivan

LOVE INTEREST: Charles (Charlie) Weasley

STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:

"Just because you've got all the muscles doesn't mean you can go picking on me anytime you want to."

"Deal with it, Ric. And did I tell you, we're leaving for Hogwarts tomorrow?"

"What in the Chinese Firecrackers... I've not even packed yet!"

OR

At first sight no one could believe if told that Alaric Richmond was a dragon trainer in Romania. It always came out as a shock seeing the lanky, boyish looking 21 year old had a job involving dragons more than thrice his weight and height.

Even Charlie Weasley had his doubts regarding him when they were first assigned to handle Common Welsh Greens in their early months of training. However Ric proved his worth and was unbelievably gifted at taming the wild beasts, as in his own words he was quite fluent in speaking the Dragon language.

From then on, the two of them became close friends. Charlie enjoyed his company while Ric was pleased to finally find someone who would politely listen to all he had on his mind. He was also fascinated by the idea of living with so many siblings like Charles did and later on discovered there were many more things about his friend that not only fascinated him but pulled him magnetically closer.

In Charlie's presence what Alaric felt wasn't mere butterflies in his stomach. He could easily tell the feeling was close to those exploding firecrackers he had once heard of from the Weasley twins.

NOTES:

•This fanfic clearly revolves around Charlie Weasley and his job as a dragon trainer. The preferred timeline for it will be after Charlie's Hogwarts years (1991) and the setting will be the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary.

•Alaric and Charlie are of the same age and met for the first time in Romania, meaning that Ric did not attend the same school as he did. He could have attended Ilvermorny or been homeschooled.

•Alaric has met the whole Weasley family except Ron when they had come to visit Charlie in the Christmas of 1991, while Ron had stayed at Hogwarts to keep Harry company.

•The face claim for Charlie Weasley can be either Ed Sheeran or Simon Woods. As for his personality, I imagine Charlie to be a humorously witty guy, the one who has the best remarks up his sleeve and who has a present mind. He's probably that sort of person who knows a way out no matter how tough the situation is.

  •The reason I think Troye Sivan would be best as Ric's face claim is because Alaric Richmond kind of has a similar personality to that of Troye's. He's a bit quirky, confident, funny and comfortable in his own skin. 

•In 1994, Alaric had accompanied Charlie to Hogwarts for delivering the dragons taking part in the Triwizard Tournament. However he had not come to Hogwarts to take Norbert away in 1992, so the 1994 trip was his first to this famous wizarding school and he was downright fascinated by everything.

•Alaric is bisexual in this story while Charlie is an asexual. Ric is not open about his sexuality because remember, these are the 1990s and people are not so openly accepting of different sexualities. 

•Also, Ric is undergoing a difficult phase because he likes Charlie but doesn't know what type of feelings he has for him. At times, he would think it's just a common adoration found in friends and other times he would doubt that maybe he is attracted to him in a romantic way.

•This is a classic slow burn fanfic. Do not rush with the plot because it won't make sense if it all happens too quickly.

•Ric and Charles probably get together after the war. Before the war there's a lot of tension and conflict, mainly this is a fanfic of repressed feelings and angst, but eventually they do get together.

PLOT BY:

Imaan (Purplemist14)