Shallow [available]

TITLE: Shallow

TIMELINE: 1994 - onwards

OC NAME: Mafalda Prewett

FACECLAIM: Flavia Sayuri

LOVE INTEREST: Dennis Creevey

STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:

"Why are you so shallow?"

"Because if I go any deeper, I would drown."

OR

Mafalda Prewett had been raised like a golden child by her parents due to many reasons. First and foremost, she was an only child. Then she was also academically proficient and lastly due to her inheritance of magical powers from her father's ancestors. 

The same magical powers which were absent in her father and had caused him to become estranged from the rest of his family.

She was treated like a special person and such an upbringing caused her to believe that she was someone much better as compared to others. When she started school, her such beliefs strengthened as she was not only at the head of the class but also most teachers' favorite student.

Maybe it was this thirst of her to be higher than everyone else that the Sorting Hat placed her in Slytherin, a break of tradition for most of the Prewett family.

But things were about to take the turn for a change when her path crossed with an over enthusiastic and awkward Gryffindor who made her question everything she had grown up believing in.

NOTES:

•According to Harry Potter Wiki, Mafalda was born in around 1983 to an accountant father and a Muggle mother. Although her father, who was most likely a Squib, was an estranged second cousin of Molly Weasley, he did not expect to become the parent of a witch.

•Mafalda started at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on 1 September, 1994, and was sorted into Slytherin house.

•She was a gifted witch and even Rowling had admitted that if she had included her in the books, she would have been a match for Hermione's intelligence and Rita's annoying curiosity. Mafalda's main characteristics are her constant asking about mature or complex topics, to the extent that she constantly has grown-ups baffled. According to her, no matter how pessimistic she may be, it is never reason enough to stop discussing a topic.

•Dennis and Mafalda are in the same year. They haven't met a lot due to the house difference as well as the fact that Mafalda is a bit too full of herself to try and talk to anyone like Dennis.

•One more thing to keep in mind is that Mafalda and Dennis are very very different from each other. While Dennis is compassionate, eager to help and quite a cinnamon roll, Mafalda is arrogant, egotistical and highly opinionated. The only thing they have in common is their enthusiasm.

•Mafalda is quick to form an opinion of others due to her judgmental nature and her initial opinion of Dennis is that of a boy craving attention who follows his elder brother and the Golden Trio everywhere. Her opinions change when Amycus and Alecto Carrow are put in charge of Hogwarts and Voldemort takes control over both the ministry as well as the school.

•The injustice done to other Muggleborns scares her because she too is almost a Muggleborn with a Squib father and Muggle mother. It is then she joins what remains of the Dumbledore Army and discovers that all these people she thought of as low creatures were actually quite different.

•It is in this year that Dennis and Mafalda come closer and a friendship forms between them and yes this is a slow burn story. It can be expanded on to their later years as well and can best be categorized as a coming of age story because both the characters undergo development, discover the faults in things they believed in and learn a whole new perspective on life. Further notes can be provided after the plot is taken.

PLOT BY:

Imaan (Purplemist14)