Poison Ivy ✔

TITLE: Poison Ivy

TIMELINE: Tom Riddle Era

OC NAME: Perseus • Burke

FACE CLAIM: Anthony Neely

LOVE INTEREST: Tom Riddle (though this is not a love story)

STATUS: Taken by Obscure_Harmony

DESCRIPTION:

"HE COMPLETELY SUBMERGED ME IN HIMSELF. JUST LIKE THE POISON IVY WHICH CLIMBS UP ON OLD BUILDINGS, EVENTUALLY ONLY HE WAS VISIBLE. WHILE I WAS BURIED DEEP UNDERNEATH THE HEAVY FOLIAGE OF HIS SUFFOCATING LEAVES."

OR

When Tom Riddle chose to work as an apprentice at Borgin and Burkes, many believed he was wasting such fine talents by not choosing a more compatible job. But Tom was more in the Dark Arts and to him the closest option of learning more about such magic was by staying in close affinity of Dark artefacts, an opportunity which was easily available at Borgin and Burkes.

However, just after a few days of his job, Riddle realized that an even clever shortcut to his goal was somehow gaining access to Caractacus Burke's son, Perseus. The seemingly harmless boy already had an extensive knowledge of Dark Magic and could prove to be an asset for Riddle's mission on going down the luring path of evil.

The only problem was that Perseus wasn't too willing to cooperate in the future Dark Lord's destructive designs. He didn't want to be associated with something as sinister as Tom Riddle.

It was then Riddle realized that he would have to use other ways than simply manipulating him. That was the day when the slow and painful demise of Perseus Burke began. Like poison ivy, Riddle was intent on sucking out all the life from him until he gave in and bowed low before him.

NOTES:

•First off, this is clearly not a love story. It is completely opposite to that involving manipulation, violence and terror. It is basically all out angst and just as messed up as Tom Riddle's mind is described in the books. Think of it as a horror story.

•Tom Riddle is the psycho antagonist who wants to break into Perseus's mind in order to have access to all the information about the Dark Arts he stores in himself.

•Remember that Riddle was a Halfblood and had lived in Muggle surroundings before coming to Hogwarts and even though he is a mastermind in making, he still lacks a lot of information which was not provided to him by even the restricted section of the Hogwarts Library.

•Perseus was the only son of Caractacus Burke, the owner of Borgin and Burkes shop at Knockturn Alley. He was homeschooled and by nature a shy and timid person, someone who could be easily intimidated. Also, all the homeschooling had left him more curious to what kind of subjects were taught at school to which he wasn't given access.

•It was this curiosity of school teachings that served as the source of communication between Perseus and the newly appointed Tom Riddle.

•Perseus knows a lot about the Dark Arts due to full access to such books and artifacts as well as his family history, but he also had a clear sense that if used in the wrong way it could endanger thousands of lives which he clearly didn't want, therefore he refused to cooperate with Riddle in his evil schemes.

•And obviously Tom Riddle resorted to other means in order to get what he wanted. He literally made Perseus's life an utter hell, making him feel the guilt of all the pain he wrecked on his loved ones and slowly but steadily driving him to madness. This is the most important part of the story and note that it is filled with horror and emotional trauma so you must write it in a way that terrifies readers and justifies just how insanely messed up Riddle's brain is and how far he can go to fulfill his goals.

PLOT BY:

Imaan (Purplemist14)