Castellated Heart [available]

TITLE: Castellated Heart

TIMELINE: Tom Riddle Era

OC NAME: Zenina Damian

FACECLAIM: Marina Nery

LOVE INTEREST: Abraxas Malfoy

STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:

"THE HIGHER YOU BUILD WALLS AROUND YOUR HEART, THE HARDER YOU FALL WHEN SOMEONE TEARS THEM DOWN."

OR

Abraxas Malfoy thought he had everything in life; good looks, fame, wealth, elite status and control over others. He was destined to be a king of his fortune and just like other kings, he took all that was offered to him as his right.

It was not until an exchange student came from Castelobruxo who made him question the real worth of everything he thought was under his control. It was then he realized that the only thing missing from his seemingly perfect life was freedom. 

Zenina Damian was the exquisite taste of freedom that he could never savor himself. Because it wasn't only his family that was holding him back, it was also due to the battlements he had built around his heart, forbidding anyone to trespass.

And how else could he have a taste of such freedom if his heart constantly refused to let her in?

NOTES:

According to Harry Potter Wiki, during 1940s, Hogwarts received students and Professor Benedita Dourado from Castelobruxo, the Brazilian wizarding school, during an exchange visit. Zenina was among those exchange students.

Zenina is not a pureblood, she's either a Muggleborn or a Halfblood. She is in the same year as Riddle and Malfoy. She was sorted in the house Sylph which favors those of imagination and ambition. Castelobruxo has three houses namely Sylph (the imaginative), Daulphine (the tactful) and Undines (the mysterious).

At Hogwarts, the exchange students were not sorted again but given an option to live with whichever house they pleased. She chose Ravenclaw but it's up to you if you want to change the house.

She is an extremely confident and competitive girl who wouldn't back down from any challenge. Also, she has that bold and rebellious vibe to her which is the first thing that catches Abraxas's attention.

•This story focuses on Abraxas, not Tom Riddle so please refrain from making Tom appear as a god who overshadows everyone in his presence. True, Tom is quite sought after at school due to his handsome appearance but poor Abraxas should be given a chance to shine too, am I right?

•As for Abraxas, he's the person who should have been the Slytherin king but just because of Tom Riddle's presence, he couldn't covet the claim. Make a few aspects of his jealousy show, like make him an adequate rival of Tom. Not in power, but in status.

•Abraxas Malfoy is the renowned flirt of Hogwarts in his time but that doesn't mean he's just the same on the inside as well. He has shut himself out and locked his heart away while all the time he pretends to be enjoying life. Like Sirius, he sometimes questions the norms he has to follow and when his brother Eridanus Malfoy was disowned for not following the family's traditions, he highly doubted whether his family actually cared for him or not.

Also, being disowned is a very very rare thing to happen in the Malfoy family because no matter what happens the Malfoys stick together. So whatever Eridanus did has to be some huge unforgivable sin in their perspective.

•Eridanus's disowning affects Abraxas a lot because both the brothers were close. Since then Abraxas decided to make the most of his school life which were his only days of freedom, he knows he would have to be bound to his family tradition soon after he graduates.

•The relationship with Zenina started as harmless flirting but intensified with time. Zenina reminds him of the exquisite taste of freedom and when he's with her he doesn't ever want to go back to living the life of the only Malfoy heir.

•You can choose however you want to end the story but what I thought was that in the end Abraxas is forced to give up his freedom and chooses family over everything else while Zenina goes back to Brazil and later on takes up teaching at Caselobruxo.

•This can more appropriately be deemed as a coming of age fanfic. It consists of young love, forbidden pleasures and life changing decisions which have to be taken ultimately. 

PLOT BY:

Imaan (Purplemist14)