Magical Maladies [available]

TITLE: Magical Maladies

TIMELINE: Late 1900s - onwards

OC NAME: Genevieve Smith •

FACECLAIM: Kristen Bell

LOVE INTEREST: Gilderoy Lockhart

STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:

"THERE'S NO MALADY WORSE THAN ONE SIDED LOVE. BUT THEN COMES SELF LOVE, AND THAT'S THE WORST."

OR

Gilderoy Lockhart was diagnosed with a severe case of narcissism since a very early age. He was greatly fond of every physical and mental attribute of his, from his wavy blonde hair to his wide toothy smile.

According to the Healers, this was one ailment to which no easy cure existed; neither in the Wizarding nor in the Muggle world. It is said that the only cure is if the Narcissist finds someone else to admire who surpasses his own pre-set levels of beauty and admiration.

Or the other case was memory modification. Gilderoy Lockhart was subjected to the latter, though accidentally on his part.

Little did he know that in his case, the first method of treatment would come after he had gone through the second one. And that cure was in the form of Genevieve Smith, the quirky blonde Healer at St Mungo's who was placed in charge of the ward he was living in.

NOTES:

•In short words, this plot is a cute and very touching story of finding love in a hospital, yes it's a bit cliche but well worth it, in my opinion.

•Genevieve has just completed her internship and got assigned a full job at St Mungo's, and she's quite excited about it as it was always her dream to become a Healer. She's a bit quirky and tends to follow her own way when dealing with tough situations. And she's usually the favorite Healer of most patients because she just has this warm bubbly personality that calms people around. Also, she cracks jokes at the most unconventional of times too and that's a habit she simply can't get rid of.

•Gen and Lockhart are not of the same age but there's also not a very large age gap between them, she's probably just a few years younger.

•She had been one of Lockhart's admirers because before the truth of him forging other's achievements for his own was revealed, she had always thought how could one man be so capable to do everything and anything.

•Afterwards though, she mostly feels sorry for the poor man who knows nothing of how famous he once was and receives fan mail but doesn't know what to answer.

•This is a major slow burn story, remember that Lockhart doesn't remember a great part of his life and at first Genevieve simply feels pity for him but slowly some feelings start to develop.

•However, it would be more preferred if the author focuses more on Lockhart's healing and Gen's role in it rather than the love story they have brewing between them. Genevieve helps him around with subtly trying to make him remember a few essential parts of his life such as why he keeps receiving fanmails and why so many books have his picture on their covers.

•Also, as Lockhart has lost his memory of who he was and what he did, it is advisable not to portray him as his former arrogant and boisterous self. This Gilderoy Lockhart after memory loss is much like a person who likes to follow and is curious about learning new things (the things he has forgotten) also he is humble, as you can evidently see from Harry and Ron's conversation with him at the end of the Chamber of Secrets.

•Lockhart regards Genevieve as both a guide and a friend at first. Slowly, as he starts to get more stable and grasps the full meaning of everything around him, he gradually realizes that Gen is more than just that and has become much more important to him.

•The story can be ended in whichever way the author pleases but it would be preferred to make it a happy ending. I really want to see poor Lockhart genuinely happy due to the presence of another person and not just being totally immersed in his own self. 

PLOT BY

Imaan (Purplemist14)