38. Baby

Hey poo's, no long message, love you guys and thanks for the constant support! I was gonna make this longer, but if I don't post this now idk when I will, so I'll let you guys know if I edit it or just bring the mess to the next chapter. Love y'all so much, god bless.

38. Baby

Nia Riley

"So this is the final apartment I have to show you today, if you don't like it I'll find some more and we can link before the week is over." Ebony explained to me while unlocking the door.

We were at a newly constructed loft maybe twenty minutes from downtown LA, and the exterior looked gorgeous.

I had been thinking about a small one story house, but realistically my photography was taking off and I was taking trips more often, and wouldn't be able to keep up with the maintenance

"So it's an open concept loft, as you can definitely see, wide windows, great view, and if you like it, you can get it already furnished.

We walked around the whole thing, taking in the large bathroom with a his and her sink, walk in shower, and great selfie taking mirror.

"This is really nice Ebony."

"It is right? I saw it and immediately thought of you."

I smiled. "Aww sis, I appreciate you so much."

"Of course, show me you appreciate me by choosing one of the ones I showed you and not making me find more."

"So damn lazy, can we go eat? I need food to think."

"Yeah let's go, I need a drink anyways."

I followed Ebony out of the loft, making sure to take pictures before I left so I'd be able to make my decision.

I had texted Dave hours ago, and he had finally responded when we reached Ebony's G Wagon.

I just left the studio - Dave, 12:25 PM

Ever since Dave had called me when I was with Chris, he'd been so dry and distant, and I was on my last piece of patience with the situation.

He knew I was trying to figure out what I needed to do, and he knew I was still at Chris's house, so I don't know why he was treating me this way.

I understood emotions got in the way, and took things to a different level, but damn, he could at least tell me how he felt, not just give me the cold shoulder.

Fuck it, I was gonna tell him how I felt. If he wanted to continue to be dry after that, then he had all the space, time, and opportunity to.

Ebony drove away from the lofts we had just looked at and merged so she could get on the freeway.

"It's close as hell to downtown too Nia, I think this is the one." She emphasized as my FaceTime call started to connect.

"I think it is too Ebony. Hello?"