32. Lay In Your Bed

Sorry this chapter took a little bit longer than expected, just had to get the juices flowing when I wasn't busy at work lol. I was gonna add more but I just decided to put in next chapter so we can get this mf finished.  Thanks for all the continued support and love y'all, we only going up in 2018.
- Keiana

32. Lay In Your Bed

Christopher Maurice Brown

I woke up to my phone ringing, and instantly became irritated.

Who had the nerve to call me at this time? They didn't know I was on tour going through jet lag?

Oh. My momma. Damn.

I sat up in the bed, adjusting myself trying to wake up as quickly as I could.

"Hello? Good morning momma."

"Don't good morning Chris, what did you do?"

What hadn't I done? I laughed to myself, like what circumstance what was she talking about? I did a lot of dumb shit.

"I don't know momma, I been sleep. I can't know what I did if you don't tell me." I sighed.

"Why did I get a call from Patrice this morning?"

Panic filled me, the memories of last night coming to my head. I know this hoe didn't tell my momma on me.

"She quit Chris, and when I asked her why, she wasn't able to tell me, just told me to ask you and she's not going to sue. Christopher Maurice Brown what the hell did you do?"

I put my phone on mute so I could scream into my pillow, and then unmuted it to respond. "I ain't do shit momma, she walked into my room without asking, I got on her about it, and I guess she couldn't handle it."

"Got on her how? She was talking about suing, like you're not already in court every other week for Royalty."

"I know ma."

"But I don't!" She exclaimed. "I'm your mom baby, your biggest fan and supporter, you know you can tell me anything. What happened?"

I laid there looking up up at the roof of the bus, thinking if I should discuss what was going on with me to my mom.

I hadn't let anyone in since shit started getting hard, but fuck hard, now everything was crumbling right in my hands and I couldn't find the will to put it together, especially by myself.

"Chris, baby, I hear it all in your breathing. What's wr-,"

I interrupted her, my mouth moving before my mind. "Mama, I been using again, and I know I was getting better, and things were getting better, and I got Royalty to think about, but it's so hard. I been fucking everything up, Nia hates me, I ran her away, my baby momma is so evil and greedy, my label and team is getting tired of me, and I'm losing my faith by the day."

By the time I'd stopped talking, I felt tears dripping from my eyes down to my ears, since I was laying down still. My mom hadn't said anything yet, so I didn't know what to expect, I just knew I was tired of doing this shit by myself.

I'd just been watching my whole life collapse around me for awhile now, but lately it had just got uncontrollable.

"Chris. You know I love you."

"I love you too mama." I cried.

"And we're gonna fix this together, but I need your help. God will never give up on you, so don't give up on God. Okay baby? Trust me, I know you're hurting. I'm hurting 'cause you hurting, you my only child, my biggest blessing and accomplishment, and you deserve so much happiness Chris. We're gonna get you all you deserve and need, okay?"