31. My Dirty Little Secret

I'm getting better with updating, are y'all proud of me? My first New Years resolution was to finish this story, so I'm getting pretty close to my goal. Thanks so much for your continued support and patience again. 😭💕

31. My Dirty Little Secret

Nia Riley

My fingers traced the lines and patterns scattered around Dave's bare chest as we laid together, really for the last time before I went home.

"You gone cry or you gone stay strong for daddy?" I mumbled, brushing his unruly eyebrows into place with my fingers.

"Girl please don't get hurt in here."

I laughed. "Forreal Dave, whatchu gone do? We been together everyday, fucking everyday, you gonna replace me?"

"I couldn't replace you even if I wanted to."

"You're such a smooth talker."

Now it was his turn to chuckle. "I'm forreal, the way you make me feel, only you can do that for me."

"And how do I make you feel?"

"Like I can tell you anything, we can do anything, be anything. I only felt like that when I was with my cousin Leek, I ain't felt that way 'round anyone since he died."

I leaned on my elbow and pressed my lips against Dave's. "I feel special that I can make you feel that way."

"You are special Nia Love, I see so much creativity, love, and good in you, don't ever forget that, and don't ever let anyone dim your light. You hear me?" Dave's eyes locked with mine, trying to show me he meant every word.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I don't want this to end."

"What I told you? If we meant to be God's gonna bring us right back to each other. Let's just enjoy each other right now, and worry 'bout all that later. Okay?"

I nodded and allowed Dave's tongue to slip past my lips and interlock with mine, just as our fingers weaved together.

Right back to each other like we never even left, I hoped.

I stretched out my arms, allowing myself to take my phone off of airplane mode and text Ebony to let her know I had just landed,

"Please stay seated until the aircraft doors have opened. Thank you for your patience." The voice said over the intercom.

It was a booked flight, and I was all the way in the back, so I adjusted my carry- on on my back and got comfortable, cause I had some time to waste.

My phone started buzzing, all the notifications I'd missed due to lack of service popping up on my screen.

Emails, emails, reminders, calendar alerts. David. 

I'm tryna sleep before this show and all I smell is your hair products - David, 9:23 AM 💙

I smirked as my fingers flew across the screen.

Is that a bad thing? - Nia, 12:56 PM

I locked my phone and tucked it away before starting my journey through the airport to get my bag and find Ebony.

I managed to find my one suitcase and walk to the terminal entrance where I told Ebony to meet me, but once I got to the doors, I quickly started regretting my choice.

It was noon at LAX on a Saturday, paparazzi was just crowding the door like leeches looking for any celebrity they could put their eye on.

I wasn't a celebrity at all, but I had been recognized with a few, and Chris was in the tabloids somewhere every other day it seemed.