10. Sorry

Sorry

Nia Riley

I unlocked the front door and closed it back quietly, trying to come in as quietly as possible.

I hoped Chris was gone, or napping or something. I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to argue, I wasn't in the mood.

I'd had an amazing day, Dave's shoot went amazing, his label loved the pictures, and his mixtape was due to release next week, I was high as hell, we'd smoked and got dinner after, and then smoked again, and I was in good spirits.

I lowkey didn't want to come home, just because I knew there was some type of news waiting for me. Good or bad, it was inevitable.

I just needed to be a big girl and deal with it, because this how life worked, It threw things at you, and expected you to handle it, or breakdown under the pressure, and mama didn't raise no bitch.

I walked upstairs to our bedroom and opened the closed door. Chris was laid up in bed, playing Halo 5. I closed the door behind me, my back against the wooden door.

"Hey." My eyes connected with Chris. He looked me up and down, over and over again before nodding his head.

"Wassup."

I sighed and walked to the closet to grab some pajamas from one of my bins. When Chris and I had moved out of Villa Condos, we just packed my clothes into bins, and I had to sit and search for some damn panties cause Chris already had so much clothes and shoes.

I heard Chris playing his game while I searched for some clothes on silence, and I damn near wanted to cry.

We had never been like this, arguments on arguments, barely speaking when we were in the same room as each other, he didn't even acknowledge me like he usually would.

No hey baby, he didn't even say my name. I hadn't done anything wrong, but I feel like I did, the way Chris was treating me.

The constant cheating acquisitions, like where were those even coming from?

Chris knew he was my one and only, it'd been like that since I met him, but it seemed like he wanted that to change.

I loved Chris even to handle being a stepmother and a help to royalty, just because I wanted Chris to handle his responsibilities.

I wasn't running away.

That's love.

But the way Chris had been acting, it seemed like he didn't want me in his life anymore.

I couldn't imagine not being in Chris's life, and having him in my life.

He was all I wanted, needed in a man usually, but this new Chris? I don't know.

I grabbed the PINK thong, and a PINK sleep tee and walked out the closet.

Chris looked back at me before looking back at his game.

I finally chose to speak, not liking the way he was just looking at me and not speaking. Did he have a problem?

"What's up?" I asked, standing beside the bed post.

"Nothing, what's up?"

"Are you mad at me or something?"

"Nah, you did something for me to be mad at you for?"

"Don't Chris. Stop with all the questions, and the tripping, and everything. You don't have the right to do that to me, not after this month." I shook my head.