33. Now And Forever

Sorry for the delay my babies, love y'all so much! I'm gonna continue this chapter next chapter I just wanted to post something.

33. Now And Forever

Nia Riley

"Hello?" I answered the call surprisingly, not at who was calling, but it had just been a while since we talked.

"Hey my love, how are you?"

"I'm great Ms.Joyce, how are you?"

She sighed. "I'm breathing so I can't complain, I could be better though. Chris said he finally talked to you."

"Yes, we talked. We haven't been on good terms but we finally got to talk, he said we'd talk more when he got here."

I had been at the office early this morning, on my second shoot of the day, so focused that I hadn't noticed my phone was ringing until I almost missed the call.

"Chris mentioned that too, that y'all haven't been doing that well, but that's all he mentioned. What's been going on?"

My face screwed up. I knew Chris was her son and her business, but I didn't know how much to let her in on. It was my life and business as well, and did she really need to know that I was getting my back blown out by Dave East?

"Umm, we've just been arguing a lot lately, not seeing eye to eye. I was out of town for a little bit, needed time to figure things out."

"And have you figured things out?"

I sat up further in my chair, not expecting this conversation to take a turn like this.

"I'm only asking because Chris is coming home today, and he needs a firm genuine support system around him right now. He started using again, and he needs our love and support, but only if it's genuine."

Chris was using again? Now things were finally making sense. All the aggression, the mood swings, the angry texts. Chris was hurting and self medicating, and I had been so selfish and didn't pay attention.

"I-I had no idea." I managed to get out.

"Nobody did, or does. He's good at hiding things."

No forreal, cause I didn't even have a suspicion. But everything was clicking now, and I felt absolutely horrible.

Chris was in the dark by himself, and he had needed me, and I walked away, but he also didn't let me in so what was I supposed to do? I wasn't a mind reader, and our communication was horrible.

"My love for Chris will always be genuine, but I won't lie, we've been rocky for a while now, since Nia and all her drama came along. That was just the beginning, then Chris locked me in the bedroom, he sent me the most hateful message I've ever received, and at first I was so confused, but now that I know that he's been using it makes sense."

I continued on after debating within myself on how much to say. "I'm not gonna admit to being perfect either, cause it's far from true, I've been interested in someone else."

"Girl you know if it concerns Chris, I know about it. I know all about Mr.East. Which is why I called you today, because Chris only needs genuine love right now Nia, he's very lost. And I'm not saying your love for him isn't genuine, but we all know you can be indecisive, and I won't allow you to play with my sons' emotions at a time like this, just as I wouldn't let him do yours. Heartbreak hurts, and it takes healing."

Indecisive? I scrunched up my face, thankful she wasn't in front of me to see the confusion.

Who was she to tell me I was indecisive? Like she had been the one dating me.