Chapter 34: New, NEW, Tail!

Video cause why not 😂

???????! Mystery POV ???????!

I wonder though the rough wilderness of Berk, making next to no sound. Ah, Berk. An insignificant island known to my people as a lost cause. Filled with needy Vikings with big appetites and even bigger egos. Where the weather is enough to send the toughest animals into hibernation, enough to freeze you where you stand. This island has the kind of storms that very well may be the end of the Earth. Well, Thor, Odin and all the other gods sure do REALLY hate this place...or maybe...maybe they love it? maybe it's what they do to let off steam?

I examine the tracks in front of me carefully, taking care to conceal mine as I track my target. A broken twig here, parted bushes there, all signs that this target of mine wasn't taking much care with themselves. Anyone could of tracked this. For gods sake, there's a set of footprints right there!

It really doesn't take long to track the target to the destination, though the pouring rain and crashing thunder was a bit of an off put, I still manage to pull through with my skills and instincts.

I crouch on an upper ledge. It's rock, but covered in moss and tree routes. My bare feet are slightly digging into the ground, but it doesn't matter. It just helps me get a better grip and move silently.

My dark eyes narrow at the shapes down bellow. More specifically, the smallest shape. Quick as a snap, I grab my weapon from my side. I raise it up, aiming at the (naked?!) shape. But before I can even release the ammo, the black much bigger figure is in the way-wrapping the smaller shape up in its ink coloured wings. I hiss lightly to myself through my teeth. There is no way I can get my target. Not when that damn beast is there. I lower my weapon, unloading it and returning it to its holder.

I guess I'll have to come back later...
Slowly, ever so slowly, as to not get detected, I stand up. I wrap my cloak around me, and then as quick as I was there, I'm gone. Back though the forest.
Next time. I tell myself. Next time.

(Time skip)
Hiccup's POV
It's halfway through the next day, I'm thankfully alive, my clothes are dry, and Toothless and I are doing absolutely nothing! Well, besides Toothless teaching me some more Dragonese.

"C..Claw?"
"Wow, you got it! Good job."
"good! How about...scale."
"It's *coo*"
"..Scale."
"yes."

You see, we want to leave, we honestly do, but for some reason almost half of Berk is in the forest, even after the storm of last night. Which is foolish of them, because that means trees could fall right on their heads. I have no idea if they're searching for something, or hunting, or going for a mass-harvest?!

Toothless looks to a footprint and croons.
"Footprint, right?" I check, getting a nod. So, I try crooning.
"Footprint."
"yes."
"Great! Okay, um, how about.. metal?" I suggest.
Toothless demonstrates with a little coo and a tilt of his head. I do my best to imitate it, rolling my head slightly.
Toothless bursts out laughing in his own special way. I rise my eyes as he drops down onto the ground and rolls about in hysterics, limbs failing.

"Really? That bad?!" I exclaim as he does this. He stops and role up to his feet. He grins at me.
"you .. .. that you wanted to .. with me!" He manages to tell me, before he drops down onto the ground and alighs again.

"I-I wants to what?" I ask, kind of afraid of the answer. Tootgles demonstrates by flirting with his shadow in a very exaggerated way.
I cry out in disgust at that.
"I-I can't believe I said that! Sorry bud, but but you're not my type!" I joke for the last bit, to try and loghten the mood, but Toothless ksit drops to the ground again and looses it.
I faceplam. I really have to be careful with the body gestures and noises then.