Chapter 31: Lucky Day.... well, night.

Astrid's POV (starting it off differently 😎)
(A few hours later, close to midnight.)
"UUURG!" I yell, smacking my axe into a tree. I rip it out and furiously hurl it into another tree trunk.
FOR THOR'S SAKE! I ALMOST HAD THAT STUPID DRAGON! I LET A BLOODY NIGHT FURY SLIP THROUGH MY GRASP! UGH! HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID?!

I smack the axe into another tree, eyes narrow as I channel my anger.
I NEED to be ontop of my game! I have my little sister to protect! I have a family to protect! I have Berk to protect! I don't care what father says, I'm a shield maiden at heart. Not some dainty wife! My purpose is to protect my friends and family, and kill as many dragons as possible. Maybe even find the nest one day, if I'm THAT successful. I'm not about to SIT DOWN and POSE daintily like some uptight, good-little WIFE!

I rip the axe out and slam it into another tree–picturing it to be my victim. A certain black scaled dragon (one that I now barely remember what it looks like) and if he did survive, then the Auburn-haired-green-eyed runt that goes with it.

I was hoping that the Night Fury Useless captured would of been the one in the raids so that we wouldn't have to worry about a Night Fury ever again since--
I stop mid thought, and mid throw.
No...
My grip loosens as my eyes widen.
What if Hiccup wasn't far away, or dead? what if he was the one leading these raids?! Pfft! Haha. He wouldn't do that! He's useless! A runt! Right? Right?! He wouldn't do that, would he?! I mean, this is his home island! Surely he wouldn't...
I stare at my axe blade, catching my worried and perplexed reflection.
....But he COULD.

I snap out of it, and slam my axe at another tree angrily.
Either way, if I EVER come across that vile beast again...I WILL KILL IT.

(.....And its dragon.....lol. sorry, read on.)

I continue to train, even though it is night (I have a few lanterns hanging up around my chosen area to create some light) for a couple more hours, trying to stay on top of my skills as I imagine every tree as my victim, the thought of decapitating it is blissful and it slowly but surely calms me as I work off the anger.

#—-##———POV SWITCH: HICCUP———##-–#

"Lets keep this fire to a minimum, bud. I don't want to have to have the village spotting it." I mumble to Toothless as I put some rocks around the fire to try and contain it, anxiety pulling at my stomach at the mere thought of them finding us.
Well we wouldn't want that to happen, due to me being banished and all. And they know the way--they did ambush us, after all.

I suddenly hear many loud roars, squawks or wing beats and so naturally I look up to the sky to see the dragons leaving for the nest.

Oh, great! What will the queens reaction be when we don't return to let her know of the death count? What if she kills a dragon as punishment?! Pfft, so much for freedom.

Toothless comes up to me and I take off his saddle for him so it won't rub.
"Thanks, Hiccup!"

I reach unto the saddle bag and take out a salmon. I chuck it to Toothless- who snatches it up and chomps it down. I also take out a small thin blanket, glad that it is in here. I wrap the blanket around myself and get out some bread for myself, before I chuck Toothless another fish. He curls up around me as we rest in front of the fire. I lean against him, sighing.
I hope this mess will be over soon.

He lifts a wing and puts it over me like a warm blanket. I smile appreciatively.
Well, at least I know that I have Toothless.

++an hour or so later: it's now a few minutes to midnight. ++